2014 Dove Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 Dove Season

Anyone interested in having a dove hunting get together of sorts?

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
      Anyone interested in having a dove hunting get together of sorts?
      Interested, but am north of FTW.
      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
      86 SVO - Sold
      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I missed my ride to the dove hunt this morning. I slept through my damn alarm.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

We definitely had some birds this morning. My aim sucks though...i left with 3 birds, probably missed 5 and the rest were out of range. I'm hoping to get a better spot this evening.

Comment

Well, THF shows guys are killing it. That's good news. Anyone here have anything to report?
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Flying good here. To bad i picked a bad spot. Got two and headed home.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                Well, THF shows guys are killing it. That's good news. Anyone here have anything to report?
                The guys I was supposed to go hunting with murdered a ton of them.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

We didn't see much where we went. Managed to only get 14 between 6 of us, lol. Still had fun though and it wasn't too hot for the first time in years.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    The 5 guys in my group all limited out. 3 of use in the morning the other two in the afternoon, including my uncle who's wheelchair bound.
                    You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

• Had a good hunt despite the 20mph winds. Had a few places we will hunt later after they get mowed down as plowing fields has been priority over hunting the last few weeks.
                      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

• Several of us lost birds due to the fields not being plowed yet. I guess with all the rain we've received so far, farmers are trying to get another round of crops before plowing.

And the birds definitely had the advantage with the wind behind them

Comment

• Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                          Several of us lost birds due to the fields not being plowed yet. I guess with all the rain we've received so far, farmers are trying to get another round of crops before plowing.

And the birds definitely had the advantage with the wind behind them
                          Get a dog! Mine has found several for me that I would of never been able to locate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
                            Get a dog! Mine has found several for me that I would of never been able to locate.
                            I got a dog, and that dog don't hunt.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Mine only finds antlers. Could give two craps about birds.

Comment

• You boys are missing out. I love watching the dogs bird hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X