Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone mess with Crown Vice or Grand Marquis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone mess with Crown Vice or Grand Marquis?

I've got a 2005 Grand Marquis that I'm trying to liven up a little. Its a drive by wire 4.6 sohc, anyone familiar with them or have experience throwing bolt ons at them?

I'm doing a rear cat delete with H pipe and 2 1/4 duals along with a 05 PI air box and tube, and a Mo's speedshop tune.

I don't expect a ton, especially with the 2.73 rear but hopefully 4.10s will be next.

Nice vics autocorrect.

"Ain't no substitute for CUBIC INCHES".

Comment

Power adder time.

Comment

Ask svo...

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
          I've got a 2005 Grand Marquis that I'm trying to liven up a little. Its a drive by wire 4.6 sohc, anyone familiar with them or have experience throwing bolt ons at them?

I'm doing a rear cat delete with H pipe and 2 1/4 duals along with a 05 PI air box and tube, and a Mo's speedshop tune.

I don't expect a ton, especially with the 2.73 rear but hopefully 4.10s will be next.

Nice vics autocorrect.
          3.73 gears are as low as you want to go unless you are planing on never going over 115 mph or are willing to drop the cash for a carbon driveshaft. I personally like 3.55s. Get the tail shaft housing off of a CVPI or Towncar and swap it for the one on the car now.

Stainless works makes a really good exhaust that I like but it is big money. I have never tried their long tube headers but will once I get a power adder on one of my cars.

Really the only thing that makes a huge power increase is heads & cams or a power adder.

Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
          X