Colt Anaconda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.44 Mag is fun to shoot.

The gun that I would NOT buy is the .500 S&W.

CJ likes them though.....

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
      .44 Mag is fun to shoot.

.500 s&w is a properly sized pistol.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        Sure, if you're built like an outhouse.

Comment

I've owned a Taurus and had to send it in for warranty work. It was about a 4 week turnaround time. They are not on the Colt/S&W level, but they are good guns.

I have a Ruger Redhawk .44 Mag.

Alan, if you'd like to shoot it, you can.
          What is your duty weapon?

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
            What is your duty weapon?
            This:

A S&W 4006 (stainless)

But, I'm going to get a Sig P220 pretty soon. The chief has removed S&W pistols from authorized carry.

Comment

I was shooting my S&W model 29 today, went through 50 rounds blasting at anything that would explode. I love .44 mags. After a while they start to feel a little pussy though.
              .44 Mag is fun to shoot.

This. I love my Ruger Redhawk, but it was just not enough bang for me. I ended up buying a S&W 500 around the time they were first released. I love it, but several of my friends won't fire it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Samhain View Post
                Al, keep in mind Taurus has a lifetime warranty on most everything they make. FWIW my Taurus revolvers have never had issues and I only run +p+ loads.
                x2

Comment

cmltoe on here has a snub nose taurus .44 mag, i cut down a 2" sapling with it with only three or four rounds... one handed

Comment

My old 454 Casull, Ruger SuperRedhawk. It was good gun, just expensive to shoot.

You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

I love my blackhawk 44mag...
                      "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

i have been wanting a .500 S&W, it has less of a kick back than a .44 mag dose. and if you had to use it to defend your self im sure the person on the other end would think twick before fucking with you.

Comment

I've had a Taurus Tracker .357 for about 7 years and am very happy with it.

I shot a .44 mag with my buddy in Louisiana on his land..
                          Well the last couple of shots we shot at a tin can on a block of cement.. my last shot was low and the ricochet came back and split in between the two of us like we were a goal post. I put the gun down, went inside and laid down on the couch.
                          WRX

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                            Oh I probably would never shoot anything with it except for paper and zombies. Besides that, it is just a toy. I got a shotgun or two for my home defense needs.
                            I finally got around to taking a pic or two of the Anaconda.
                            Last edited by TexasVert; 03-25-2013, 06:06 AM.
                            2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Inaugural Edition
                            2011 Harley Davidson F150
                            2003 Harley Davidson Road King 100th Anniversary Edition

Comment

Working...
                            X