Safety eye wear over glasses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety eye wear over glasses?

Took my nephew out to the range a couple of weeks ago and couldn't get the rental glasses to go over his prescription glasses. I've had some people say he's fine without any safety eyewear but my sister would kill me if something happened so I would rather be safe than sorry. Any recommendations?

I don't care for the big safety glasses that'll go over my prescription glasses. Besides being uncomfortable and ill fitting, they reduce vision which is unsafe in it's self. Just go with his regular specs.
    If you have to have something, go to Fastenal or Granger and pick up some. Those types of frames are huge so you may have to take him with you to see if they even fit. They may have some sideshields that can slip over the temples of his frames too.

Comment

Go to Eyemaster or similar store. They have side shields that snap on your regular glasses.
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Guess I'll keep searching. If my nephew continues to go to the range with me I want to get him something more than him just wearing his glasses if for anything to protect them from getting scratched up if a shell bounces back into his face.

Comment

Originally posted by bitter jose View Post
          Guess I'll keep searching. If my nephew continues to go to the range with me I want to get him something more than him just wearing his glasses if for anything to protect them from getting scratched up if a shell bounces back into his face.
          You can try these. I know Cabelas sells some in their stores that he can try on for size and see which style fits him. I don't know if they sell the yellow lens in the store though.

Cocoons is a leading fitover and clip-on sunglasses brand with eyecare professionals. Click here to shop or find an authorized retailer near you.

Comment

Working...
          X