223 FMJ Question - Not Pricing - for Range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 223 FMJ Question - Not Pricing - for Range

I'm been looking at ammo and the XM193 stuff is all labeled and FMJ or FMJBT. However, the box says soft point.

I know this is a dumb question, but I'm not having any luck on google - the ranges I use (primarily Garland) forbid FMJ. Is this stuff FMJ or soft point?

It's hard to find anything but FMJ at a decent price it seems. I'm thinking I've seen other people shooting similar ammo that I have anyway.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

I don't think we can use that type there(Garland). I looked at it but didn't buy because it's FMJ.

Comment

Yeah, everything I read about it strongly indicates it's decent plinking ammo or good bulk ammo for the zombies. At this time I'll do most of my shooting at a range so I need to be careful.

Although, I may roll on to that range in Mesquite that has 200 yard targets and allows FMJ.

Comment

Where's the one is Mesquite??

Comment

The boat tail is still fmj. It just does not have a flat base on Tue bullet

Comment

Insider Pages was created to help people find the best local businesses through recommendations from their friends and neighbors. At InsiderPages.com, people share reviews of local businesses and find great services they can trust.

Comment

Read that wrong. Soft point should be fine. Callbthem to make sure

Comment

Thanks, I'll check it out. There's some bad reviews on there! Lol

Comment

Yeah, I saw that and read lower. Some old timers love it there, so only one way to really find out. Ya know how some people get their panties in a bunch when they want to fiddle with their weapons during cease fires and such.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                    Yeah, I saw that and read lower. Some old timers love it there, so only one way to really find out. Ya know how some people get their panties in a bunch when they want to fiddle with their weapons during cease fires and such.
                    I read further down. Mind your business, practice safe shooting and don't be a dumbass and you should be ok. They aren't there to be your friends, they're there to keep everyone safe. I'll have to check it out just because you can use FMJ there.

Comment

Originally posted by 94StangFiveO View Post
                      I read further down. Mind your business, practice safe shooting and don't be a dumbass and you should be ok. They aren't there to be your friends, they're there to keep everyone safe. I'll have to check it out just because you can use FMJ there.
                      Their arrogance goes way beyond your safety. I could tell you some stories about that place. They do let you shoot fmj and it is a longer range than most. The old man is real nice. I knew the reputation of the range and tried hard to ignore it. His wife and ungrateful offspring are worthless disrespectful human debris that have no respect for the customers that make their life possible. I can not in good conscience advocate that behavior by frequenting their business any longer.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I love Gibsons. But maybe that's because my dad and his friend have gone there for years.

Frank's a good man with great stories, his son is worthless (and is apparently never there anymore), and Ive never had a problem with his wife. We've always joked and laughed.

Frank has an awesome gun collection also.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                          Their arrogance goes way beyond your safety. I could tell you some stories about that place. They do let you shoot fmj and it is a longer range than most. The old man is real nice. I knew the reputation of the range and tried hard to ignore it. His wife and ungrateful offspring are worthless disrespectful human debris that have no respect for the customers that make their life possible. I can not in good conscience advocate that behavior by frequenting their business any longer.
                          Is it really that bad? Most of what was said is the old man is ok but wife and son are worthless human beings.

Comment

Originally posted by 94StangFiveO
                            See, that's what I was reading, old man is ok but wife and son are worthless.
                            The old man is not there usually. I find it hilarious reading those reviews, clearly the owners are writing those positive reviews. Unfortunately because they allow fmj they know they can treat people like shit and they will come back. They do screw you with bs fees and membership crap as well. I have seen more than 10 screaming arguments with customers, all of which I felt the customer was in the right. One time I had the son tell me to leave because I had a round on my bolt action when the range was safe.... there wasn't even a bolt in the rifle, it was in my pocket...that's the kind of crap you'll get. If you can ignore their attitude and put up with being insulted its not a bad range. sometimes you have a pleasant experience.
                            Last edited by CJ; 01-18-2011, 11:59 AM.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                              The old man is not there usually. I find it hilarious reading those reviews, clearly the owners are writing those positive reviews. Unfortunately because they allow fmj they know they can treat people like shit and they will come back. They do screw you with bs fees and membership crap as well. I have seen more than 10 screaming arguments with customers, all of which I felt the customer was in the right. One time I had the son tell me to leave because I had a round on my bolt action when the range was safe.... there wasn't even a bolt in the rifle, it was in my pocket...that's the kind of crap you'll get. If you can ignore their attitude and put up with being insulted its not a bad range. sometimes you have a pleasant experience.
                              Sounds like I'd rather go to Garland and just spend a few cents more a round. I like that it's just $10 and unlimited time and only the one time range card fee(unless it's lost).

Where's a good outdoor range on the Tarrant County side of town that has at least 50 yd lanes and is reasonable on price. I've been over here less than a year.

Comment

Working...
                              X