"Craft" beer recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Craft" beer recommendation

Or whatever you want to call it. I've never been one to try a bunch of different beers, I mostly stick with my Coors/Bud Light. When I get a little adventurous I'll drink some Blue Moon which I like. So the point of my post, I'm going over to a friends house tomorrow night to watch the beer and I asked what I can bring and he said nothing. So I asked what he drinks and I'd pick him up something. He said just to pick him up a six pack of something different. I know him and a couple of my coworkers are always drinking different kinds of beers whenever I hang out with them. What would you guys suggest that's easy to find?

What kind of flavor are you looking for? I like IPA's myself, but a lot of people don't.

Comment

Spaten Optimator.

Comment

Paulaner is a nice German beer that is pretty available.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I'm hooked on American Revolver - Blood and Honey

You can never go wrong with La Fin Du Monde either.

Or i can plug my buddies beer. Cedar Creek Brewing, any of theirs. Lawn Ranger, or Elliots Phone Home.

sigpic

Comment

Since you like Blue Moon, look for anything Belgian style or any of the wheat beers.

Comment

Had some of that Blood and Honey a week or two ago and it was pretty good.

Comment

pretty damn good even.

Comment

blue moon is not adventurous, and paulaner is not craft neither is spaten

go to total wine. beer heaven. mix and match. ipa is my favorite, however i like wheat, stout, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                    Spaten Optimator.
                    tastes like what donkey shit smells like
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

My favorites are IPA's but this is usually an acquired taste over time. Coming from domestics like Coors, Bud, or Blue Moon I doubt you are going to like them.

I would stick to summer wheat's or Hefeweizen styles until you acquire more taste. This would be similar to a blue moon
                      Anchor Summer Beer
                      Harpoon/UFO (Un-Filtered Offering) Hefeweizen
                      Flying Dog In-Heat Wheat
                      Pyramid Hefeweizen
                      Redhook Hefeweizen
                      Sierra Nevada Wheat Beer

Comment

some labels to try. all are good

oskar blues
                        abita
                        alaskan
                        flying dog
                        st. arnold
                        rahr
                        bear republic
                        stone
                        deschutes

seriously, go to total wine and walk down the singles aisle. they all have little cards with info about that certain beer

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                          blue moon is not adventurous, and paulaner is not craft neither is spaten

go to total wine. beer heaven. mix and match. ipa is my favorite, however i like wheat, stout, etc...
                          Sorry but Blue Moon is about as adventures as I get. Do they sell like a sampler six pack of some kind?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                            Sorry but Blue Moon is about as adventures as I get. Do they sell like a sampler six pack of some kind?
                            there are two aisles of single beers. grab a six pack box, and go to town.

they have stout, porter, ipa, wheat, etc... sectioned off

Comment

I think he said he normally drinks PBR so maybe something to match that.

Comment

Working...
                              X