"Craft" beer recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    Whats the deal with the double posts lately? Ive noticed its popped up more and more, and i wasnt able to delete the duplicates on mine.
    Tried to delete mine too without luck.

Comment

• Not sure why it took me so long, but I finally tried this one.

Sculpin is one of my favorite IPAs... and while I've heard great things, i'm not sure the grapefruit version beats it.

Comment

• I really like the Ballast Point beers. The normal Sculpin tall boy is like $13-14 in Denton, gotta pay to play I guess.
        Ded

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
          The brewers association keeps redefining what a "craft brewery" is specifically because of the Boston Beer Company.

The craft brewer definition from the Brewers Association: An American craft brewer is small, independent and traditional.

They are a very big company and are publicly traded but unless they start buying up other breweries and closing them they'll keep the craft status. Their former employees have started up plenty of other breweries and Jim Koch personally mentored many of them.
          I was actually wrong about it being a Sam Adams beer. It's called Illusive Traveler. Found a six pack today at the HEB down the street from me. Took it to an open house semi-party earlier today. Some old dude asked me about it, I told him to help himself. In the time that I had two, he had three and his wife asked for the other after she tried his. Shits good. Definitely not a "get drunk" beer. I'd put it on par with some of the fruitier Leinenkugals. Perfect for anything outdoors.
          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Craft beer recommendation? Don't drink craft beer.

lol
            WH

Comment

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
              I was actually wrong about it being a Sam Adams beer. It's called Illusive Traveler. Found a six pack today at the HEB down the street from me.
              It may not be Sam Adams but they are owned and operated by Boston Beer Company, the parent to Sam Adams. The "Illusive Traveler" is Alan Newman, one of the co-founders of Magic Hat. He cashed out with his partner several years ago but now heads Alchemy and Science, which is a side project Boston Beer uses to operate regional breweries.

Comment

• Two thoughts:

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                he brought me back some rodeo clown while in houston and holy fucking acid reflux!
                Fuckin' A. Man, that one gives me some serious issues.

Why have I never been to Lone Star Beverages in Carrollton before today? I'm in DFW for the week and decided to stock up. Nice selection!

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  Two thoughts:

Fuckin' A. Man, that one gives me some serious issues.

Why have I never been to Lone Star Beverages in Carrollton before today? I'm in DFW for the week and decided to stock up. Nice selection!
                  Lonestar is heaven. That's right next to probie and I's casa. They (lonestar) just opened a growler bar called taps and caps in the colony, check it out.
                  2012 GT500

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                    Lonestar is heaven. That's right next to probie and I's casa. They (lonestar) just opened a growler bar called taps and caps in the colony, check it out.
                    Taps and caps is pretty cool. It was the first place that i went to that had a canning machine so i could get a 32 oz can of anything on tap. The owners are awesome...the whole damn family actually.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      It was the first place that i went to that had a canning machine so i could get a 32 oz can of anything on tap.
                      Whoa. That's a thing? You can do that?

Also, just opened a Sierra Nevada Hoptimum. Awesome.

Comment

• Just cracked another Miller Lite - heaven.
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

It's called a Crowler and Oskar Blues makes them available. I mean anyone can call up Libbey and order one but you have to order a ton of blank cans to go with it. Oskar Blues buys the cans in bulk and resells them in smaller lots.

I finally made it to a Whip In in Austin Saturday. That place is pretty cool. Live bands every night, they brew their own beer, make some pretty stellar Indian food and have an outstanding selection of to go beers. They had 14 and 15 KBS on tap as well.

Comment

Yeah its pretty badass to see the first few times.

Enjoy your brews whenever and wherever you want by purchasing crowlers produced by Dixie Canner Co. Contact Dixie Canner Co. serving clients in USA.

Comment

• As curious as I am, I won't open them. The JR Ewing was made by Pearl here in TX.

Somewhere around here (at my parent's house) I know there's a can of Billy Beer also.

Comment

• You used to be able to find Billy Beer on ebay. I have a couple of original glow in the dark Miller Lite bottles from the mid 80s still. Probably every bit as good as it was fresh.

Comment

Working...
                                X