• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you say "Hypocrisy"

Comment

• Weird looking cup holders.
      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Comment

• Embarassing....
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Wtf?

Comment

• Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
              There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• One of my favorite old airliners. Connie ---- I would love to get my hands on her.

Comment

• This is a repost, but it is a sexy mofo....

Comment

• Dat hangar doe....

Comment

• Columbine II took to the air again this past week

Comment

• I've been keeping up with the Columbine II's progress on FB very cool to see her finally fly again.
                        1990 GT

Comment

• Yep, that first pic is her first run-up in years. Would you look at how thick the leading edge of the wing is at the root near the fuselage! That is a massive wing.

The engineers really pushed the envelope with recips with her. Most were powered by four 18-cylinder Wright R-3350 Duplex-Cyclones.

She set some records in her day for sure ------ On April 17, 1944, the second production C-69, piloted by Howard Hughes and TWA president Jack Frye, flew from Burbank, California, to Washington, D.C., in 6 hours and 57 minutes (c. 2,300 miles (3,700 km) at an average 331 miles per hour (533 km/h)). On the return trip, the aircraft stopped at Wright Field to give Orville Wright his last flight, more than 40 years after his historic first flight. He commented that the Constellation's wingspan was longer than the distance of his first flight.

On September 29, 1957 a TWA L-1649A flew from Los Angeles to London in 18 hours and 32 minutes (about 5,420 miles (8,720 km) at 292 miles per hour (470 km/h)). The L-1649A holds the record for the longest-duration, non-stop passenger flight. On TWA's first London-to-San Francisco flight on October 1–2, 1957, the aircraft stayed aloft for 23 hours and 19 minutes (about 5,350 miles (8,610 km) at 229 miles per hour (369 km/h)).

4000+ hp per motor.
                          Last edited by likeitfast55; 03-20-2016, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• Devoted to surviving Lockheed Constellation and Super Constellation, one of the premier airliners of the 1950's. The history of each aircraft is summarized along with multiple photographs and a number of articles.

I remember many years ago in Houston while my family was waiting for my uncle to arrive, we watched as the passengers departed from a Lockheed Constellation. As a group of well dressed dark suited passengers walked down the outside stairs (no enclosed jetways in those days), we heard someone say, "That's Jimmy, look!" Turned out they were talking about Jimmy Hoffa.
                            Mustangs previously owned:
                            1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
                            1992 LX AOD
                            1993 LX Drag Car
                            1995 GTS
                            1997 Cobra
                            2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
                            Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
                            2016 Honda Accord Touring
                            2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

• Zero and a Corsair met up while on the taxiway.

Comment

• Ouch! As was usually the case, the Corsair came out on the winning end of that encounter.
                                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                                X