Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
    I hope that the shoes you're wearing in those pics aren't the shoes that you're lifting heavy with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      1:58:42 in the Rock n Roll half for me, 9:04 average
      Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
      Nice job Al, I know you wanted to be under 2:00 at the Dallas.

Did the Rock N Roll 5k yesterday

Was hoping for a sub 1:45, but injuries have prevented training. Only ran 24 miles in the last month and that was only three runs. Have two more halfs next month so hope to break 1:45 if I can stay healthy.....
      I did a brisk walk for 45 minutes this morning, does that count?

I wish I could run for distance, but my knees won't take it. good for you guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
        I did a brisk walk for 45 minutes this morning, does that count?

I wish I could run for distance, but my knees won't take it. good for you guys.
        Have you tried cycling at all? I've seen some dudes get some awesome cardio out of cycling and the culture doesn't seem to far off the runners.

And I agree those guys are booking it for being over 200.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          Have you tried cycling at all? I've seen some dudes get some awesome cardio out of cycling and the culture doesn't seem to far off the runners.

And I agree those guys are booking it for being over 200.
          I haven't yet, but my wife's suggested that we pick up a couple and ride together, so I see that as a win/win if she'll actually go with me. For now I hit the elliptical and walk, which is slowly working, the diet is mostly to blame there to be honest though.

If I were to start biking, I'd probably eat more.[emoji16]

Comment

I haven't yet, but my wife's suggested that we pick up a couple and ride together, so I see that as a win/win if she'll actually go with me. For now I hit the elliptical and walk, which is slowly working, the diet is mostly to blame there to be honest though.

If I were to start biking, I'd probably eat more.[emoji16]
            That's my struggle, I run and workout a lot...but snacking and beer have finally started to affect me much more. It's harder to say no to calories as well when I up the cardio.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              When did he mention lifting heavy?

haha get it???!!!

And what's wrong with those shoes? Toes aren't separated into little individual pouches?

Talking about his max deadlift and stuff?

What's wrong with those shoes is all the padding. Especially for deadlifts.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

That. Feet and legs need to be as stable as possible when lifting heavy.

Comment

Talking about his max deadlift and stuff?

Haha white text owns you suckers.

And I will disagree with y'all on the too much padding. Even when I competed, the only time I considered changing shoes was to transition to skate shoes so that if my feet moved a little the soles would stay planted and I wouldn't get a bad mark from a judge.

To convince me otherwise would require a free body diagram and actual science. Not the sales pitch of toe socks. Remember...running shoes are designed for stability under higher shock load with a highly dynamic situation. Maxing out is almost no shock, with extremely limited dynamics of the feet so I can't imagine a stability concern.

Edit: maybe if you're referring to clean and jerk you have a point. But I would say deadlift shouldn't matter much what shoe you use within reason. Same goes for squat.
                  Last edited by Ruffdaddy; 03-25-2015, 06:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                    Nice, how much do you weigh? I am lugging around 210 lbs. One of my buddies is trying to get me to do the full marathon in December. If I can drop some weight I think I may try.
                    Hover between 163-165. Wanting to drop to around 155 but with the weather been hard to drop any more.

Still considering the full in December. Doing a half in Vegas two weeks later another half in San Antonio and the Dallas full is the week after. Not sure I can recover in enough time for the full.....

Comment

• I guess ol' Arnie was doing it wrong all those years...

Comment

• Started back in the gym yesterday.

Today? Fuck Earth.

Comment

• hah The struggle is real.

Comment

hah The struggle is real.
                            Legs, sure legs will be good, let me start with those.

Look like Terri Schiavo trying to walk today.

Comment

I guess ol' Arnie was doing it wrong all those years...
                              As well as any one power lifter who actively competes these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                                Legs, sure legs will be good, let me start with those.

Look like Terri Schiavo trying to walk today.
                                I told you 25 sets on the hip abductor was a bad idea no matter how much you are use to spreading your legs on a given day.

Comment

Working...
                                X