Verdict in Boston Bombing trial.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
    I, too, think our court system could stand to move faster, and maintain the same, if not greater, level of responsibility and accuracy. There is no logical reason it should take 2 years to only find someone guilty. 2 years should have been plenty enough time for both the trial, and already the execution.

I'm not saying turn this into a process that only takes a week, but 2 fucking years for something so cut and dry. . . . waste of money and resources, and draws out the pain of the victims.

Lets not even begin to start counting all the tax payer dollars he's about to consume just to house and feed the fucker.
    It isn't the prosecution's only iron in the fire, and they can't sideline other cases to get to this one faster.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
      It isn't the prosecution's only iron in the fire, and they can't sideline other cases to get to this one faster.
      When they decide their working hours are from 10am-3pm, how can they fit in more work?
      sigpic

Comment

This article was written two years ago, when he should have met the same fate as his buddy.

Comment

When they decide their working hours are from 10am-3pm, how can they fit in more work?
          Is that when prosecutors operate? Are they somehow not working on a case if they aren't arguing in court? Again, you guys are pretty quick to crow about injustice until drama that doesn't have anything to do with you happens. Then you all want to be on whatever bandwagon is the new hotness. Stop embracing manufactured outrage, you fucking sheep.

Comment

Is that when prosecutors operate? Are they somehow not working on a case if they aren't arguing in court? Again, you guys are pretty quick to crow about injustice until drama that doesn't have anything to do with you happens. Then you all want to be on whatever bandwagon is the new hotness. Stop embracing manufactured outrage, you fucking sheep.
            You must have me confused with someone else.
            I always want some shit to go by quick in the sense of the court system.
            Hell, when can we have the Judge Dredd system?
            sigpic

Comment

Never. Jury of your peers.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                I'm all for a trial, but why does such an obvious case like this take 2 years? This should have gone to trial quickly and been over with just as quickly. This was a slam dunk for the prosecution, and was a long drain of taxpayer dollars. It takes way too long for cases to go to trial.
                Criminal procedure, that's why. There are steps that have to be taken, legally, and deviating from the course means the dude walks.

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                Because we don't want a repeat of this.

Best answer in here.
                Originally posted by soap View Post
                this situation I believe due process is a waste of time. Should've just set him on fire two years ago.
                No, it isn't. We are in a system of rules, and gratefully, those rules apply to everyone else. This country has been party to a lot of fucked up shit, and it has been a long process to extend equal protection of the law to ALL PEOPLE. So start with the 14th amendment, and try to fill it in. (https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/amendmentxiv) My bet is you won't have a fucking clue, still, after researching it. But waiving equal protection, in any case, is unconstitutional.

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
                If I was guilty as fuck: yes

Due process should take hours in certain instances, not years. I'm all for it unless it's just a circus, billed to the taxpayers. The Hassan trial is a perfect example.
                It doesn't matter what you want, or anyone else for that matter, process is process.

Originally posted by soap View Post
                I get what y'all are saying but. He should've never done this shit. He forfeited his rights in my book.

Good thing you aren't the deciding factor in how equal protection gets doled out. If it were situationally handled, then apply that to whichever individual is in power and you begin to have real issues.

By that logic, anyone that ever commits a crime forfeits their rights to due process. Stop letting the drama of shit that has nothing to do with you beyond being a citizen of the country that was wronged influence how you feel about how you are governed.
                Easier to just be ignorant in this case.

I, too, think our court system could stand to move faster, and maintain the same, if not greater, level of responsibility and accuracy. There is no logical reason it should take 2 years to only find someone guilty. 2 years should have been plenty enough time for both the trial, and already the execution.

I'm not saying turn this into a process that only takes a week, but 2 fucking years for something so cut and dry. . . . waste of money and resources, and draws out the pain of the victims.

Lets not even begin to start counting all the tax payer dollars he's about to consume just to house and feed the fucker.
                Again, it is a process. I'm not going to bother to explain the steps/countersteps/responses, etc., because it would be lost on most, but there are very specific reasons why we do shit the way we do shit. You don't want to cook raw chicken after you've ate it and shit it out.

Lawyers may be a lot of things, but non-working isn't one of them, at least not until they become boutique. The case loads are pretty insane at a public/governmental level, plus the amount of cases that go to trial are extremely small.

Never work, think about cops and how they go flying off the handle. Is that the system of justice we want, or perhaps we should just leave that shit in the 3rd world countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                  Never work, think about cops and how they go flying off the handle. Is that the system of justice we want, or perhaps we should just leave that shit in the 3rd world countries.
                  sidetracking into Dredd bs ->

In Judge Dredd, the judges are policing cities that are so huge that they span multiple states. Example, mega city 1, where Dredd polices, is the entire eastern US coast. The buildings are the size of several city blocks that have hundred of levels (they are called blocks fwiw). On top of that due to automation a majority of the populace is unemployed which has lead to rampant drug use, criminal activity, and all out bock vs block wars. So the judges were installed administer the law. Most of the judges apply the law as intended. But, Dredd being the antihero, is very quick to administer lethal punishment, but its all within the the scope of mega city 1's law. As a result the populace fears and despises Dredd.

Dredd is meant to be a social satire, and a blatant warning about what the future can bring about. Unfortunately some of its already coming true as evidenced by similarity of the fatties in the comics that require a wheel to be placed under their bellies and the real life fatties that require mobility scooters just to go shopping at walmart

Comment

Originally posted by wickedblkgt View Post
                    count 1-4 GUILTY!!! Hope he gets the death penalty.
                    Due process.

It's always interesting to see you wing-nut fucks scream about due process when it's theoretical, but when the feces becometh reality, you always want a good old fashioned lynching.
                    Alright I'll agree with you on this one. But a public hanging, after no more than one year for appeals, and new evidence, you can't argue with. None of this dying of old age before he gets the axe horseshit. Justice delayed is justice denied.
                    WH

Comment

A journalist who has been writing about the bombing since the day it happened and done a ton of research of the brothers, their background, etc, etc said this on NPR:
                      The prosecution and the defense have been doing a startling job. They are amazing. I've covered a lot of trials and it's absolutely the best tried trial I've ever seen in my life. The choice of witnesses ... the timing of the prosecution's case, was unbelievably good.
                      This is what you want. No questions after the fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                        Alright I'll agree with you on this one. But a public hanging, after no more than one year for appeals, and new evidence, you can't argue with. None of this dying of old age before he gets the axe horseshit. Justice delayed is justice denied.
                        I can. It's arbitrary. The process has to guarantee equal protection for everyone. Also, smile answers to complex problems are almost always very comforting in theory, and very wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                          A journalist who has been writing about the bombing since the day it happened and done a ton of research of the brothers, their background, etc, etc said this on NPR:
                          The prosecution and the defense have been doing a startling job. They are amazing. I've covered a lot of trials and it's absolutely the best tried trial I've ever seen in my life. The choice of witnesses ... the timing of the prosecution's case, was unbelievably good.
                          These guys are really going to shit their pants when they realize Tsarnaev gets to appeal his conviction.
                          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post

I get and agree with that, but they have him on video planting the bomb, and the shootout afterwards during pursuit. I guess I'm looking at it as that's enough evidence to find him guilty and put a needle in his arm without having to find him guilty of all 30 counts. The resources and time spent for this duration could have been applied to other cases as well. Basically, the process could have been streamlined, but then you have to ask why one case and not another.

I would ask all of you here though this, would any of you have found him not guilty knowing what we know about the case?

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                              I get and agree with that, but they have him on video planting the bomb, and the shootout afterwards during pursuit. I guess I'm looking at it as that's enough evidence to find him guilty and put a needle in his arm without having to find him guilty of all 30 counts. The resources and time spent for this duration could have been applied to other cases as well. Basically, the process could have been streamlined, but then you have to ask why one case and not another.

I would ask all of you here though this, would any of you have found him not guilty knowing what we know about the case?
                              Again, it's not about finding him guilty or not guilty. It's about working the process correctly so it doesn't create a window for either the dismissal of his case, or create what a longer lasting precedent (loophole) for others to seek dismissal that has to be addressed with statutory law down the road. Trying a case isn't just about this one. It's also about others after. The prosecutors are also sworn in by the state bar to do this right, and a serious ethics violation could have them disbarred no matter how much political will is behind them to try this case quickly. Work it out.

Comment

This thread needs more au-justice

Comment

Working...
                                X