Shot over handgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shot over handgun

So in an attempt to deprive someone of their right to bear arms, some cop takes a bullet to the head. I'm sorry the guy had to get shot, but.. well you know.
    WH

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/nypd-officer-s...064758928.html

So in an attempt to deprive someone of their right to bear arms, some cop takes a bullet to the head. I'm sorry the guy had to get shot, but.. well you know.
    The searching house by house and walking on roofs is what bothers me.

Comment

IIRC, we banned that shit here in TX. Even in a catastrophe, they can't do that shit. I'm assuming they were only going house to house in the ghetto, but still.
      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        http://news.yahoo.com/nypd-officer-s...064758928.html

Wrong. That individual did not have the right to possess a firearm.
        From the story:
        "A man who officials say boasted of being a street "hellraiser" and who served prison time for attempted murder..."
        He was a convicted felon.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
          From the story:
          "A man who officials say boasted of being a street "hellraiser" and who served prison time for attempted murder..."

When I read the 2nd I don't see any restrictions as to whom can possess a gun. Once you give the government the power to decide who can and who can't have a gun it is just a matter of time until they decide that YOU can't have one who ever YOU may be.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
            When I read the 2nd I don't see any restrictions as to whom can possess a gun. Once you give the government the power to decide who can and who can't have a gun it is just a matter of time until they decide that YOU can't have one who ever YOU may be.
            Exactly. I mean, what are the chances he'll try to kill someone again? 1 in 3, 2 in 3? I say 2 outa 3 ain't so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              Exactly. I mean, what are the chances he'll try to kill someone again? 1 in 3, 2 in 3? I say 2 outa 3 ain't so bad.
              It is real simple. If someone can't be trusted to live in civil society after being let out of prison they should not be let out of prison.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Because we have allll this space in prisons, and prisons are all about rehabilitation. Ok, got it.
                If you guys want to allow someone who has proven that they have no intention of fitting in to society free reign to have any and all guns, then feel free to move in right next door to them. I, on the other hand, feel it prudent to restrict violent convicted felons from possessing firearms.
                And really? You think THAT opens the door to the government restricting firearm ownership by model citizens? Oh, puhlease. They are busy at work trying to erode those rights through other means.
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Because we have allll this space in prisons, and prisons are all about rehabilitation. Ok, got it.
                  If you guys want to allow someone who has proven that they have no intention of fitting in to society free reign to have any and all guns, then feel free to move in right next door to them. I, on the other hand, feel it prudent to restrict violent convicted felons from possessing firearms.
                  And really? You think THAT opens the door to the government restricting firearm ownership by model citizens? Oh, puhlease. They are busy at work trying to erode those rights through other means.
                  The model "Citizen" is becoming fewer and fewer...THATS the problem

Comment

We need Judge Dredd.
                    sigpic

Comment

I hire convicts; some are/were VERY violent ones. I trust every single one of them with a gun. If they can not live in civil society they should not be let out of prison. If not letting them out is not practical then march them en masse into the gas chambers.

FYI: Prison in TX is very explicitly NOT about rehabilitation. It is about punishment and that is written into the act/law that formed TDCJ out of the ashes of TDC in the 80s.
                      Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 05-03-2015, 10:19 PM.

Comment

This mother fucker here. . . .
                        sigpic

Comment

From the story:
                          Does the constitution say felons shouldn't have guns? They left all that out for a good reason.

Or better yet, if a once convicted felon is minding his own business and just generally trying to get on with his life, should he now be deprived of the right to defend his life? I think its you who is "wrong".

They've already been known to arrest and convict people in certain circumstances, just to get what they want on trumped up charges. Its only cause they haven't gotten it into their little pea brains, that they haven't started calling rolling through a stop sign a "felony" in order to attempt to deprive more people of guns. You should know how they operate by now.
                          WH

Comment

Arguing for a convicted felon to have a gun? Wtf?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                              Arguing for a convicted felon to have a gun? Wtf?
                              I would argue for just that. Once you agree to allowing the government to decide who can and can't have a gun you have lost the battle because they WILL NEVER stop adding more people to the list of who can't have them. The GCA was written with the intent of outlawing ALL private firearm ownership by the early 80s. If you don't believe that you should research what the law makers who wrote and passed the GCA had to say about it when they passed it. It has been driving the left nuts that they have not been able to pull that off yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X