Shot over handgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YALE View Post
    You just have to say, "adjudificated," and, "your majesty," a lot.
    Or, you know, maybe not commit a felony in the first place?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
      Or, you know, maybe not commit a felony in the first place?
      That doesn't really matter, does it?
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
        That doesn't really matter, does it?
        Sure as shit doesn't in the Constitution!
        sigpic

Comment

I still can't believe there are people who think felons convicted of violent crimes should have the right to legally purchase firearms. The only thing that makes me feel better is that "most" of the ones arguing for it are already considered crazy or mentally damaged by most people.

This is the first time you said violent. And not only that, people can change. Prison is designed to do exactly that. You do some hard time, and damned if you want to go back. So you can't say for certain, that somebody who beat up his wife, or stabbed somebody, is necessarily going to use a gun for anything other than self defense. They could, after all this time, be sorry the did what they did, and have long ago decided that wasn't going to be happening again. Just because a felon convicted of a violent crime gets hold of a gun, doesn't mean he automatically goes on a shooting spree.
          WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
            people can change. Prison is designed to do exactly that.
            This is where I stopped reading.
            sigpic

Comment

This is the first time you said violent. And not only that, people can change. Prison is designed to do exactly that. You do some hard time, and damned if you want to go back. So you can't say for certain, that somebody who beat up his wife, or stabbed somebody, is necessarily going to use a gun for anything other than self defense. They could, after all this time, be sorry the did what they did, and have long ago decided that wasn't going to be happening again. Just because a felon convicted of a violent crime gets hold of a gun, doesn't mean he automatically goes on a shooting spree.
              Why take the unnecessary risk? All we have is people's past. We know what has happened, not what will happen. Everyone gets a fair shake in this world. They determine their own destiny with their actions.

It would be a failure on our government not to regulate the restrictions on the felons.

Comment

Well you make a good point. I suppose if I was a felon and I had changed, I'd just keep a gun in the house on the DL. Many of them probably do. There is still the fact that the constitution didn't single anyone out like that, for the right to bear arms.
                WH

Comment

Well you make a good point. I suppose if I was a felon and I had changed, I'd just keep a gun in the house on the DL. Many of them probably do. There is still the fact that the constitution didn't single anyone out like that, for the right to bear arms.
                  Correct, but they used to kill more convicts back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                    Now see I'd accept that as a fair trade off
                    WH

Comment

Now see I'd accept that as a fair trade off
                      A couple of people posting in this thread wouldn't be here to weigh in on this argument if that were the case.
                      sigpic

Comment

A couple of people posting in this thread wouldn't be here to weigh in on this argument if that were the case.
                        lol, but maybe they were the ones that wouldn't have been hanged. There were some that did indeed just go to prison even back then. I mean hell, you could beat your wife with the rule of thumb. Take that you bitch! Teach her to mouth off again...
                        WH

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          I don't need to read up on the GCA because I know it back to front. You're moving into contrailesque conspiracy levels now.
                          I have no doubt that you know that act front to back but that is not what I was talking about. The politics that got the act passed and what the people who passed it said about it is what I was referring to.

I noticed he still hasn't honestly answered his question regarding his felony conviction that has him so sour.
                          Possession of a rape tool
                          Aggravated sexual assault of a police dog
                          Aggravated sexual assault of a police officer
                          Felony suspicious suspiciousing
                          3 counts capital murder
                          Possession of a farm animal for the intent of pleasure
                          Felony creeping peeping
                          Felony driving under the speed limit while in the left lane

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                          OH SHIT SON! #winning

Sidebar: SVO has to be trolling, he can't honestly think it's a good idea or even a rational one, to think that giving felons guns unchecked is a good idea.
                          I am not talking about allowing all felons to have them. Just the ones that are deemed safe enough to be released from prison.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                            *nod* very true, or make law abiding citizens fill out paperwork for their muskets.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                              I am not talking about allowing all felons to have them. Just the ones that are deemed safe enough to be released from prison.
                              so not the,ones still in prison? LMFAO! Whatever dude.

The reason most are released is because there are stipulations put on you once released. Once someone commits a felony, they are giving up their rights to be a regular person. You can't have your crime and live like the rest of us too. You don't get the same rights as other law-abiding citizens. You have been deemed a potential threat based on something you have already done. People aren't released because they have been rehabilitated. Our jails would just be over-crowded.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post

Possession of a rape tool
                                Aggravated sexual assault of a police dog
                                Aggravated sexual assault of a police officer
                                Felony suspicious suspiciousing
                                3 counts capital murder
                                Possession of a farm animal for the intent of pleasure
                                Felony creeping peeping
                                Felony driving under the speed limit while in the left lane
                                This made me laugh. Good job.

Oh, so even the habitual offenders in prison that finally somehow manage to reach the end of their sentence should automatically get their rights back? Yeah, I don't see that being a good idea. Maybe you can explain how it's a good idea to the class? I'm probably not going to agree with you based on what you've already said, but I'd like to know your reasoning.

Comment

Working...
                                X