No announcement yet.

2007 GMC Sierra gave up the ghost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run it til it blows up. There's a screen under most oil send units that catch debris you can remove,clean and pray. Unless there's a need to go with bigger motor like towing,actual racing, keep it simple.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
      Paging DJ...can you hook a brutha up?
      Sounds like a diesel!

I'll hit you up in the morning.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

man....I really, really, really, really want a 6.0l. If I wasn't in such a crunch, I'd park it and take my time with it but I need a truck and one with 4 doors. I'd end up keeping it and modding it out a little.

My other option that I'm contemplating right now being that I work this week, then off for two weeks, is to get the Lightning running right. This was my plan anyways for Spring Break till my daily took a dump. My plan was to pull the engine, send the heads off to get refreshed and different springs replaced, clean up the engine bay, clean/paint the block, replace oil pan, rear main seal and reinstall, replace the nitrous plate, and a few other minor fixes. Then get it tuned and reliable.

Comment

Well, things have gone from shitty to shittier with me right now. My Lightning is not running well, my GMC is still down, I'm borrowing an out of registration civic that I've already had to pay for a battery and soon a radiator and it's only a matter of time till I get a ticket, I've already missed enough time from work (and worked from home more than I should), and to top it off my mom has received some pretty bad news healthwise. I've already made as much lemonade as I can drink so I'm to the point where this is just too many lemons and I need my shit back in order asap, lol!

At this point, I need to take my truck to a shop. I could take it to the dealership but I'd probably spend more than half the value of an 07 Sierra with 196k miles and have nothing more than a stock truck.

I'd like to find a shop that can diagnose it, and discuss the best approach. If it needs lifters, I'd like to go with non-AFM lifters, different intake, tune, and maybe a cam. If it needs an engine, then I can have a used one delivered and still want the same things done. I think I've ruled out the 6.0 option because I'd end up paying more for it and probably still remove the AFM lifters then tune to turn it off since a used one would have about 100k miles.

Do any of you know of a shop that might do something like this? I need my daily driver back.

Comment

Anything automotive in Denton. John and Jason know those ls motors well and James can handle the tune.

One stop shop and members here

Comment

Look for an lq9 or a late lq4. The 9 has more compression and makes more power. Either should bolt in. Cam sensor and knock sensors are in the same place as your lm7. There is a problem with lifters going bad on there motors. If you want to go this route McSwains in Rockwall does a lot of these. They also do a lot of performance stuff so a cam shouldn't be a problem. Do the c5r chain and new oil pump while its apart. Your intake if fine for now. $900 for 30hp, lsxrt. I'm doing cam, heads, turbo and I'm on the fence on buying an intake. Look at Trick Performance for cams, I'm using one of their turbo cams. None of this makes a difference if you don't get it tuned! Shawn at True Street tuned mine when it was nearly stock (295 whp, didn't we all wish our fox bodys made this when the lt1 Camaros came out) and it made it liveable until I could throw some parts at it.

Comment

Full coverage trip to the lake???

Comment

An intake is un-necessary, that stock intake can easily make over 400 rwhp. I would not recommend the lsxrt intake, the last time in put one on a trailblazer, it lost power over the stock intake. As for the engine, I don't really have a recommendation that would be able to get to it very quickly, but a cam, header tune setup is elementary stuff. If you wanted to swap the engine yourself I'd be happy to help you get it lined out.

Comment

Trailblazer has a lot better intake stock than his nnbs 07. If you lost power with a lsxrt something was wrong. It should kill above 4k, even with the nbs intake.

Comment

I was reading on one of the FB groups and someone said the NNBS has the same intake as the TBSS. I haven't confirmed it myself yet though.

I actually have a little bit of room to breath now that I'm borrowing another vehicle. I've had to do some minor repairs to it too but I can get to work. Having said that, I still have the truck parked. I feel the Lightning should be good to go very soon and will then start tearing into the GMC till I find the failure.

Comment

What was the actual problem on the GMC? (I may have overlooked this)

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          Nope.

On the intake thing leave it alone. Not worth the swap imho. Figure out what's wrong dp the afm delete and roll on. If you want more power put a small shot on it.

Comment

I've been looking at buying one of these trucks lately. I really like the style of them. Good luck!

Comment

TBSS intake is the same as the new body trucks, nbs. Your gmc and my 06 have the same nnbs intake. Google ls intake test. TBSS/nbs is the best factory intake with ours nnbs second then ls6 followed by the ls1 bringing up the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                                If you look at my second post, I have a link to a video on my FB. I suck at YouTube. Basically a knock. I can't really tell if it's a lifter or rod bearing.

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                                Nope.

On the intake thing leave it alone. Not worth the swap imho. Figure out what's wrong dp the afm delete and roll on. If you want more power put a small shot on it.
                                If I keep this engine, I'll just put a mild cam, AFM delete, maybe exhaust then tune. I don't want to fool with refilling bottles. Plus it has 196k miles so I probably won't add any power adders.

If it turns out to be more serious like a rod bearing then I'm not sure which way I'll go yet. I may price out a rebuilt plus some extras, go with used 5.3 or used 6.0. I'm just not sure yet but it'll most likely come down to which ever is cheaper.

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                                I've been looking at buying one of these trucks lately. I really like the style of them. Good luck!
                                yeah, I really like the truck. I still get a lot of compliments and most people are surprised when I tell them it's an 07.

Originally posted by sdun View Post
                                TBSS intake is the same as the new body trucks, nbs. Your gmc and my 06 have the same nnbs intake. Google ls intake test. TBSS/nbs is the best factory intake with ours nnbs second then ls6 followed by the ls1 bringing up the rear.
                                Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

Working...
                                X