No announcement yet.

First vette...nothing special and terrible photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear that alot... people dont like the interiors. I'm not one of them. Pretty simple in my opinion and par for the course of other cars produced in the lat 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
      I hear that alot... people dont like the interiors. I'm not one of them. Pretty simple in my opinion and par for the course of other cars produced in the lat 90s.
      Not trying to knock on your thread, but I was shocked at how shitty the C6 interior was.

Comment

no offense taken. I don't have many local car friends so shit talking on sites like DFWM is what I enjoy.

Look at this beaut
        20171218_144532 by Andy Krzanowsky, on Flickr
        20171218_144318 by Andy Krzanowsky, on Flickr
        20171218_144252 by Andy Krzanowsky, on Flick

Comment

Dang, that is the cleanest C5 I've seen in ages.

Comment

I tell ya, when I yanked the stock leather for higher end leather, real leather shift boot and leather door accents it really made the car much nicer inside. Also minimal sound dampening and new window seals made for a very pleasant driving car.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Looks slow.

Comment

Oh and a nice cheap mod is to get the C6Z shifter. I tried the MGW and it was nice but overly notchy. Went with the C6Z shifter and ordered the nice leather boot that fits the C5 console and C6 shifter (stock can be easily modded to fit) and it shifts like butter. Centers great and I have never missed a gear with it.
                Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Nice car man, the FRC looks so good. I love the c5s
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Laser... find me some good wheels shipped to Kansas!

Comment

Any tips/links on the steering wheel lock? How to tell if its been fixed?

I too have heard the 99 EBCMs can not be rebuilt.

Will try to the locking problem... never going to be an issue as it will never be left outside overnight but good to know. I did notice that when i left the car unlocked that when I came back and opened the passenger door (unlocked) that it set the alarm off. I found that weird.

I need to source a second key and a couple of FOBs

If the steering wheel locks when the key is out, then it's original, if it doesn't lock, then it's been bypassed.

The locking thing isn't a problem, it's a feature. It's called the passive keyless entry, and it's in case you lock your keys in the car. It could have been disabled on the fob, but most people didn't even know about it, much less know how to bypass it.

I found it by total accident with mine, I was trying to put the targa top back on and kept shaking the car.

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                      Its amazing how many tiny hidden changes there were from 97 to 04. Like the 03-04 has the easiest to mod fuel system.
                      Yeah, they made a SHITLOAD of changes. Like the 97-98 SWPS is different than the 99-00 SWPS, but they're both unavailable. The EBTCM changed locations. Just a ton of little things that will fuck your life up.

Comment

Laser... find me some good wheels shipped to Kansas!
                        Had mine made at True Forged.

Comment

Finally some decent weather...

20180227_150923 by Andy Krzanowsky, on Flickr
                          20180227_150908 by Andy Krzanowsky, on Flickr
                          20180227_144412 by Andy Krzanowsky, on Flickr
                          20180227_144356 by Andy Krzanowsky, on Flickr
                          20180227_144346 by Andy Krzanowsky, on Flickr
                          20180227_143834 by Andy Krzanowsky, on Flickr
                          20180227_143823 by Andy Krzanowsky, on Flickr
                          20180227_143818 by Andy Krzanowsky, on Flickr
                          20180227_143605 by Andy Krzanowsky, on Flickr
                          20180227_143543 by Andy Krzanowsky, on Flickr

Comment

20180227_143538 by Andy Krzanowsky, on Flickr

Comment

Nice car, man. The FRCs are some of my all time favorite Corvettes.
                              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

We bought a red 99 FRC recently to turn into a track whore. got it for 9k and was a somewhat well cared for car. Currently dropping the drivetrain and putting a nasty cammed LS6 in it to do One lap of america in. Did the C6 Z51 brake upgrade and running some custom 17x11.5 Jongbloeds in hopes of running 335's at all 4 corners. Will have full aero and be towing all our junk in a home made trailer for 3500 miles for 8 days! going to be a blast!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X