Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida College pedestrian bridge collapse in Miami.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
    I don't think this was an engineering failure since it was not a finished bridge that fell down. It looks like they should have left a truss in the middle of the span until they finished attaching the support cables. I do realize that some engineer probably said that it was okay to omit the truss but there is no way I would have done that if I was the foreman on that job simply because I do not trust large unsupported spans.

Yeah when finished I believe this thing was supposed to have cables and beams or something that looked like a triangle going up in the center above the bridge for support. I watched the collapse and it appears the concrete or something folded towards the end by the column. It was fuzzy cell phone from a monitor video so I couldn't really see it perfectly.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      Yeah when finished I believe this thing was supposed to have cables and beams or something
      They were in the middle of connecting those supports.

2 days before the accident the engineer reported cracks, and the university was in the middle of a meeting discussing the cracks when the accident happened.

Comment

I don't think this was an engineering failure since it was not a finished bridge that fell down. It looks like they should have left a truss in the middle of the span until they finished attaching the support cables. I do realize that some engineer probably said that it was okay to omit the truss but there is no way I would have done that if I was the foreman on that job simply because I do not trust large unsupported spans.
        Originally posted by kingjason View Post
        Yeah when finished I believe this thing was supposed to have cables and beams or something that looked like a triangle going up in the center above the bridge for support. I watched the collapse and it appears the concrete or something folded towards the end by the column. It was fuzzy cell phone from a monitor video so I couldn't really see it perfectly.
        It was never meant to be a suspension bridge. It was a truss design and the cables, center column, etc were purely aesthetic. The new bridges on I-30 and Woodall Rogers in Dallas are the same thing - big, fully functional, flat spans getting structurally useless arches, cables, etc installed to make it look more fancy.

Miami bridge that collapsed was a truss design, despite the cosmetic tower, support cables

The central column and cables that appeared in the design of a collapsed pedestrian bridge in Miami were decorative and not needed to support the span, federal investigators and bridge designers said Friday
        Last edited by Strychnine; 03-18-2018, 11:03 AM.

Comment

I am here for the engineering dick measuring contest. When accounting for temperature, humidity and the machined tolerances of the measuring tools my cock is exactly 14.873" long.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            I am here for the engineering dick measuring contest. When accounting for temperature, humidity and the machined tolerances of the measuring tools my cock is exactly 14.873" long.
            I'm going to need to see a measurement uncertainty analysis before I claim victory here....

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              I'm going to need to see a measurement uncertainty analysis before I claim victory here....

I know a few ho's who would love to double up on you two; be forewarned that I will be filming the action.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I see you used the internet dick measuring tool. It has a flaw and puts the decimal point in the wrong location when rounding the thousandth. I'm sorry about your 1.48+/- long cock

Comment

I know a few ho's who would love to double up on you two; be forewarned that I will be filming the action.
                  Ho's will double up on anyone given enough 20s, so that's not saying much.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                    Ho's will double up on anyone given enough 20s, so that's not saying much.
                    My ho's are just the free and slutty type; not the pay to play type.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post

Is this engineer speak for you want to see a pic of his cock?

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                        This is engineer speak for you wanting to see a pic of his cock.
                        Fixed

Comment

Everything in civil construction now a days is about not disrupting the public. Don’t make any noise, don’t close the road down, don’t have any eye sores, be done yesterday. It amazes me we don’t have more of this stuff happen than we do.

Comment

My ho's are just the free and slutty type; not the pay to play type.
                            Hos are all free and slutty you pay them to leave.

Comment

Construction of the pedestrian bridge that collapsed and killed six people in the Miami area was behind schedule and millions over budget, in part because of a key change in the design and placement of one of its support towers.

Comment

Working...
                              X