No announcement yet.

New paint on an old turd...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great looking car. Makes we want to work on my 96SS more.
    G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
      Same here...ESPECIALLY in Firebird/Trans Am form.
      I like the 98-02 Trans Am more than the 93-97, but I am reverse on the Camaro.

Comment

Drove this turd home like the scene from Risky Business after the Porsche was fixed.
        Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
        NICE!
        Is that the Mystic Teal Chameleon?
        Bright Teal Metallic. I was blown away how close this paint is to factory.
        Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
        Great looking car. Makes we want to work on my 96SS more.
        Where I live we get winter 6 months out of the year. Makes me appreciate this old turd even more.
        Originally posted by JC316 View Post
        Same. I don't like how half the engine is under the cowl and how many acres between the rad support and tip of the front fascia, but whatevs.

Another shameless pic. Car will never again be this fresh and clean.

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
        Nice! Who did the paint?
        Dude who runs a side business of painting bikes. When I was asking around everywhere this guy was highly recommended. When I talked to him at first he turned me down and only does collision jobs on cars. I drove to his place to talk to him some more in asking if there was any prayer's chance in hell to make it more like a 10 footer instead of a 50 footer. He liked the fact the body was straight and there was no rust so he decided to do it. Said he hasn't taken on a job like this in years and has one other full body paint job that is his neighbor's truck. Also said more often than the the f-bodys he's turned down were rusty shit boxes. Will be putting a clear bra on this in a few more weeks. This car will never again see rain as long as I can help it!
        Last edited by SS Junk; 08-01-2019, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
          Same. I don't like how half the engine is under the cowl and how many acres between the rad support and tip of the front fascia, but whatevs.

I had to drill a new hole in my engine puller to get enough arm length to get the engine out of my 00 WS6. Before that, I was hitting the bumper.

Comment

Engine out tha bottom, foo!

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
              I like the LS1 engine in the 98-02, the updated instrument cluster, console, steering wheel and taillights. I think they went overboard with the front end and tried to make it look like the batmobile. I like the front end of the 93-97 with factory Ram Air a lot more...to me it just looks smoother.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                I like the LS1 engine in the 98-02, the updated instrument cluster, console, steering wheel and taillights. I think they went overboard with the front end and tried to make it look like the batmobile. I like the front end of the 93-97 with factory Ram Air a lot more...to me it just looks smoother.
                Completely agree!

Comment

Looks good. Like others have stated, have always liked the LT front ends better than the LS. I also like the SLP style single exit exhaust, something you never see anymore.

Comment

Working...
                  X