Advice (WWYD?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice (WWYD?)

Let me set the tone. The guy who I've hung out with a few times, My daughter and sons teacher, and the owner of the property behind me hits me up and says "the wife kicked me out for a few days wanna waste some lead? I say hell yeah I pack a cooler of beer in the side by side and load up some guns. I head down there and we shoot pistols drink a few beers, shoot some rifles drink a few beers, go mudding in the side by side, and drink a few beers. Then it starts to get dark and I ask if he wants to come up to the house and we will throw a few deer steaks on the fire pit? He says he'll yeah.

Then here is where my advice and questions kicks in.
    He asks if he could crash on the couch? I say sure I go in and grab the guest blanket and pillow, turn on dazed and confused and go back outside. I tell him that I only have 2 rules of my house and that is don't mess with my kids and don't mess with my wife. He then says I think I'll just try to find my truck

This is the first time I've ever had someone stay the night that I hadn't known my entire life or a family member.

Do you think I came off sounding like a creep or do you think the guy seemed kinda weird about not accepting the rules?

I know this is DFWM and not the place for advice, but I would like to hear y'all's take on it.

Your house. Your family. Your rules. Fuck him if he doesn’t like said rules.

There’s a reason his wife put him out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
      My daughter and sons teacher...

I only have 2 rules of my house and that is don't mess with my kids...

Do you think I came off sounding like a creep or do you think the guy seemed kinda weird about not accepting the rules?
      Maybe he didn't want the kids to see the teacher in a non professional manner.

Maybe he just didn't want to a burden when you reminded him that you had a family

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
        Your house. Your family. Your rules. Fuck him if he doesn’t like said rules.

There’s a reason his wife put him out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        That's my stance on it.

Comment

Y'all fucked out by the fire pit, didn't y'all?

I can't quit youuuuuuu.

Comment

It will have to be a discussion with him while he is sober and talk about things. Just ask if everything is okay. If he is having issue at home and he his your neighbor. See what's going on and make sure there is nothing going to turn bad

Comment

Rule #3 - Don’t forget to push subscribe.

Comment

Maybe he just thought you were kind of a dick. He probably thought he knew you well enough that what you said was not required and therefore, took offense. Like if you said "Don't steal my TV". Well, in his mind, that doesn't need to be stated.

Also, pics of wife?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

i would have gave an immediate hard no to my couch, but you said yes and gave him two very simple rules that honestly seemed quite reasonable with no possibility of any ambiguity.

he asked and was given an affirmative with those two stipulations, but then turned you down.

motherfucker is a suspect now and will never come off that list.

even if he later apologizes and explains he did not want to be a burden as said above, he is a suspect.

Comment

You might’ve dodged a bullet there. Maybe he’s a kiddy toucher or some shit.

Comment

That is what I'm trying to figure out.
                      1. As BroncoJohnny said did I offend him by stating the obvious or
                      2. Is he a kiddy toucher? I doubt very seriously he is. He has like 6 kids and has been a teacher for 20 something years.
                      Even with that said I kind of agree with Jam about the list.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                        Considering his circumstance he could've been extremely sensitive and desperate for acceptance. Not faulting you for the rules. It could've been your delivery that he didn't like. Most likely was insulted.

Comment

Take it from a guy who is still cleaning up the mess from a guy I knew for 15 years, that was my best friend for about the last 5 years, and in the last two years was a business partner. Turns out he was a pedophile, rapist, and a thief. He has molested 4 little girls that we know of and assume due to the stuff he said to the undercover agent from homeland security that there's at least one more victim. Dude was lie a brother to me, but still I never let him stay on my couch. My kid was safe because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                            Considering his circumstance he could've been extremely sensitive and desperate for acceptance. Not faulting you for the rules. It could've been your delivery that he didn't like. Most likely was insulted.
                            I don't sugar coat things like that, so I may have came off as a dick.

Comment

Fuck him if can't take a joke and joke him if can't take a fuck...
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X