• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grimpala View Post
    jitb, 15 minutes??
    piitb 15

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      Do you have a brake caliper?
      You don't have thousands laying around from all your projects? Just sack up already and back up your bullshit for once.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
        You don't have thousands laying around from all your projects? Just sack up already and back up your bullshit for once.
        The requested video must of course include a clearly visible Dr. Pepper can in the images.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
          The requested video must of course include a clearly visible Dr. Pepper can in the images.
          His holiness does not partake.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
            ATS calipers for your fox?
            Yup... waiting on my offset bushing kit and gathering parts. I already have most of them, just missing the mounting kit, stickers, and rotors. I'll add all the info to my build thread as I go.
            Originally posted by stevo
            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Lol, 600 grit and 20 minutes.

CN

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                Not one that I want to sand on.

Originally posted by CyaNide View Post
                Lol, 600 grit and 20 minutes.

CN
                600 grit is for the oil pump. I would use 200 on aluminum.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

bring it over, but my biggest concern is being able to true it flat after grabbing the caliper.... usually not alot of parallel surfaces.
                  pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                    Fuck you.
                    So the answer is no, those cats don't need tongues anyway.
                    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                      bring it over, but my biggest concern is being able to true it flat after grabbing the caliper.... usually not alot of parallel surfaces.
                      Underside/pad side. Parallels built up before securing in the vise?
                      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure what the "best" way to secure them will be, I'm guessing the way it was done in the pic on page 1 might be ok, depending on the mill, but I'm a dummy when it comes to that.

Stevo

Comment

Hold it with your hands!

Comment

I would give Rehr Morrison a call. They have a Bridgeport and it is a
                            GREAT place to drool over go fast parts, not counting
                            all the Wallys!

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                              Yeah, I'm not sure what the "best" way to secure them will be, I'm guessing the way it was done in the pic on page 1 might be ok, depending on the mill, but I'm a dummy when it comes to that.
                              Assuming there's a way to build up parallels to establish a flat surface or even machine a flat to fit those calipers. Then sandwich the whole thing in the vise. If the fixture is rigid, and the mill is decent, and the end mill is sharp, and the machinist is mindful should turn out fine.
                              Right?
                              Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                              There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                                Assuming there's a way to build up parallels to establish a flat surface or even machine a flat to fit those calipers. Then sandwich the whole thing in the vise. If the fixture is rigid, and the mill is decent, and the end mill is sharp, and the machinist is mindful should turn out fine.
                                Right?
                                For now I'm going to wait to see if I want to mill them, the kit I bought comes with a spacer to put behind the rotor so I'll mock it all up like that before I make permanent mods to the calipers.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                                X