No announcement yet.

Mini-tubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not use something like this. Make the whole thing much simpler and more accessible.

Comment

• Originally posted by homealone View Post
      That looks like an Explorer 5.0L adapter. I might have one laying around and can take some measurements if it'll help you out.

Edit: According to google, the Ford Motorsport piece is the Explorer piece.
      Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
      Didnt one also come on a van that you could snag at the junkyard.
      Good to know, I can track something down as long as it fits.

Originally posted by lilvega View Post
      Why not use something like this. Make the whole thing much simpler and more accessible.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tr...view/make/ford
      I think the hoses would hit the pipes before I could bend them away. I could run some 90's coming out of the block adapter though. Something to consider.

The manifolds hug the block very closely so I need something narrow.
      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Its been so long but before theturboforums changed their name it might have been on a sticky i. The junkyark portion with a part #

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
          I think the hoses would hit the pipes before I could bend them away. I could run some 90's coming out of the block adapter though. Something to consider.

The manifolds hug the block very closely so I need something narrow.
          I just came across a post from you on Vintage Mustangs while searching for reviews on SpeedHut gauges.
          Still like them? I am thinking about ordering a set to put in my 69.

Comment

• Here is the one off the Explorer. Sorry if the pics are big.

Comment

• Let me take that one off your hands

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• many many questions have been asked about the 90 deg filter adapter and i did some homework. the Motorsport part # is M-6880-A50. Tommie Vaughn ford...

Comment

• Alright now y'all, don't hate on me too much but after adding up all the parts I still need for this car it's a bit overwellming. I can very easily swap it all back to a carb set up just to get it running and driving. Am I popping shoot too soon? I'm running out of the wife's patients and every part I need seems to be $200.

Needs:

-8AN fittings
                  -8AN line
                  AN adapters
                  BOV
                  driveshaft
                  3.73's swapped to 3.27's
                  build exhaust system
                  TB cable
                  hoses, fittings and adapters
                  sump the tank (have sump)
                  plumb intercooler
                  sensors
                  header wrap
                  wire it
                  electric fans

And then:
                  body work
                  paint
                  rear seat narrowed
                  brake lines and rebuild rear brakes
                  Last edited by Z06killinsbf; 02-18-2015, 09:05 PM.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• That is the down fall but In the end efi benifits are worth it. I also hate carbs with a passion.

Keep in mind what efi you are going to run. Mine will have built in boost control, fan control, two steps, dataloggers etc.

If you add all that to a carb set up price really starts to equal out.

Comment

• There is header wrap in the classifieds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                        That is the down fall but In the end efi benifits are worth it. I also hate carbs with a passion.

Keep in mind what efi you are going to run. Mine will have built in boost control, fan control, two steps, dataloggers etc.

If you add all that to a carb set up price really starts to equal out.
                        Well, I would just go back NA. I have everything to go back but an intake. I'd just stuff the long tubes back on it, fix the shit I cut off and roll. It would be a much shorter project.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                          There is header wrap in the classifieds.
                          That is my ad for the wrap.
                          I can save you some money there!

Comment

• Well shit, someone buy my longtubes and take the temptation away!

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                              Well, I would just go back NA. I have everything to go back but an intake. I'd just stuff the long tubes back on it, fix the shit I cut off and roll. It would be a much shorter project.
                              Shorter project, yes, but what you REALLY desire, I dont think you desire to be roiling around NA. This just means you won't be happy and would have wished you would have kept on going. Just tough it out and do some side work for some extra income. Or get it running NA until you get all your turbo and efi parts ten tear the car apart and boost it.

I mean, you have the intercooler cutout in your bumper.

Comment

• Just take your time and do what u really want to do or you will end up doing it twice costing more. If you get discouraged just throw a cover on it and wait it out till you get the itch to work on it again

Comment

Working...
                                X