Induction countertops???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Induction countertops???

Since we're about to start our complete kitchen remodel, we decided to move to counter top stove. We are all electric. No gas avail.

We somewhat picked out KitchenAid counter top with rotary knobs. We walked by the Induction and it got me thinking about them. Fuckers aren't cheap, but from little I have read, they cook better and faster than normal stove tops.

Are they worth double the price?

IMO, Yes.

Bear in mind you will only be able to use magnetic pans but they are not difficult to find. Quality pans are not terribly expensive.

Comment

We have the Kitchenaid Induction and so does my brother. It is different than cooking on gas but we habe no issues. It heats extremely fast on high.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Yeah but don't scratch the bastard and always be aware its glass, you can chip or or break it. Also when you really wanna clean it good, you have to use that special cleaner they give you. And as he said you have to use certain pans.

But they look really good and they clean up really easy. So its worth it imo
        WH

Comment

The thought of being able to boil a pot of water in about half the time makes it worth every damn penny!
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Oh, and I would most definitely look for an induction cook top. An induction countertop would be one hell of a nightmare...

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
              Yeah but don't scratch the bastard and always be aware its glass, you can chip or or break it. Also when you really wanna clean it good, you have to use that special cleaner they give you. And as he said you have to use certain pans.

But they look really good and they clean up really easy. So its worth it imo
              My wife cracked the top glass and I had to replace it on ours. She dropped a glass container of Olive Oil on it from several feet above.
              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I have an induction cooktop thats just laying around if you want a good deal on one. I converted over to gas last year. Its probably a year old..maybe year and a half

And its way better than a normal electric.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                  I have an induction cooktop thats just laying around if you want a good deal on one. I converted over to gas last year. Its probably a year old..maybe year and a half

price?
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Why did you convert to gas?

This will be a hot topic when we build our house, or re-model the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post

Many people prefer cooking on gas stoves.. I know I would much rather have one and miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                        Many people prefer cooking on gas stoves.. I know I would much rather have one and miss it.

Gas line to the stove at a minimum was a REQUIREMENT when I was searching for houses. You can instantly control temperature vs. the electric, you don't need special cleaners or pans (love my cast iron), no glass to break. Also, name me the ONE commercial kitchen you find that uses electric cook tops.

Those were a few of the reasons, but first and foremost for me was the fact that I enjoy cooking more than anything other than sex. Just like having the right tool for the job while working on your car, having the right tool in the kitchen makes the job so much easier and more enjoyable with better results.

Rafa, if I were you, and moving wasn't an option I'd look into a gas tank, line, and new gas stove. That's what my uncle did at his lake house at Texoma and the setup is awesome. I know it would cost WAY more, but having a stove that wasn't gas just is never going to be an option for me. I spent a week in a beach house a month ago with the family and it was an electric stove, I HATED it, I can't ever go back.
                        Originally posted by stevo
                        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                          Gas line to the stove at a minimum was a REQUIREMENT when I was searching for houses. You can instantly control temperature vs. the electric, you don't need special cleaners or pans (love my cast iron), no glass to break. Also, name me the ONE commercial kitchen you find that uses electric cook tops.

Those were a few of the reasons, but first and foremost for me was the fact that I enjoy cooking more than anything other than sex. Just like having the right tool for the job while working on your car, having the right tool in the kitchen makes the job so much easier and more enjoyable with better results.

Rafa, if I were you, and moving wasn't an option I'd look into a gas tank, line, and new gas stove. That's what my uncle did at his lake house at Texoma and the setup is awesome. I know it would cost WAY more, but having a stove that wasn't gas just is never going to be an option for me. I spent a week in a beach house a month ago with the family and it was an electric stove, I HATED it, I can't ever go back.
                          Also, if the power goes out, you can still cook on gas!

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                            I definitely prefer it over a conventional electric, however those are the only two I have ever used. Though, I guess other than boiling water faster, there aren't many other benefits.

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post

Thanks for the input. I've always preferred gas. I think my wife's main reasoning for it is that it cleans up easier than a gas cook top

Comment

I definitely prefer it over a conventional electric, however those are the only two I have ever used. Though, I guess other than boiling water faster, there aren't many other benefits.

Thanks for the input. I've always preferred gas. I think my wife's main reasoning for it is that it cleans up easier than a gas cook top
                              Negative... the gas cooktop I have is stainless steel and SUPER easy to keep clean.
                              Originally posted by stevo
                              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                              X