Whiskey aficionados

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    Well if you're a whiskey man I made a new friend. Truth is...no matter how cheap, there's not a whiskey I won't drink. Probably has to do with growing up poor. Or more to do with loving the buzz while tasting something fine
    I have many whiskey's at my disposal. I have been alternating expensive to poor each night. I'm an alchy, so I'll drink whatever is here. I used to own a bar up until a week ago. It sucks.

Comment

Well if you're a whiskey man I made a new friend. Truth is...no matter how cheap, there's not a whiskey I won't drink. Probably has to do with growing up poor. Or more to do with loving the buzz while tasting something fine
      Maybe that's it w/me. The buzz is fun, the taste/experience is secondary.
      Originally posted by BradM View Post
      I have many whiskey's at my disposal. I have been alternating expensive to poor each night. I'm an alchy, so I'll drink whatever is here. I used to own a bar up until a week ago. It sucks.
      [Desi Arnaz]Wha happen?[/Desi Arnaz]

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
        Maybe that's it w/me. The buzz is fun, the taste/experience is secondary.

[Desi Arnaz]Wha happen?[/Desi Arnaz]
        Ran out of money. I lasted 22 months, it's a hard thing to conquer.

Comment

Man that sucks. It is a very hard business to be successful in! I wish there had been a way that I could have been of assistance
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
            Man that sucks. It is a very hard business to be successful in! I wish there had been a way that I could have been of assistance
            Many people here were assisting! Crash, badass88gt, panye5757, and others where there on a regular basis. If i had 200 more of them I would have been great. As was such I lost my ass.

Comment

Drinkin profits or competition?

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                I recently tried some single malt Balcones from that new little distillery down in Waco...pretty damned good stuff for some good ole Texas hometown.

http://balconesdistilling.com/
                I haven't tried any, but have wanted to. I know they use smaller barrels, but four to five months only of aging concerns me. It's almost like they were more concerned with finding a way to be the FIRST Texas whiskey that they rushed it by doing it this way.

The garrison brothers distillery in Hyde Texas released its two year aged that I have three bottles of. It's very early corn whiskey and very corny and reminds me a lot of moonshine. But they don't plan on releasing their final product until the five year mark.

Garrison also only uses Texas grown corn.

Comment

Where was your bar? I've been wanting to own one for awhile but my profession gives me little skills to know how to. I've always wanted one in Denton or now...Allen. I think it'll be a good spot coming soon. Drop prices a little below dodies and down under and you'll be a king!

Comment

Many people here were assisting! Crash, badass88gt, panye5757, and others where there on a regular basis. If i had 200 more of them I would have been great. As was such I lost my ass.
                    Sorry to hear about that Brad!
                    1988GT DSS pro bullet 306,pp track heat heads, pp downs box intake, TFS stage II cam, S-trim 13lbs, 503/461
                    2002 VTX 1800C Chopped and Raked
                    2000 F250 4x4 PSD
                    2012 Ford Exploder
                    www.fquick.com/payne5757
                    www.myspace.com/payne5757

Comment

Where was your bar? I've been wanting to own one for awhile but my profession gives me little skills to know how to. I've always wanted one in Denton or now...Allen. I think it'll be a good spot coming soon. Drop prices a little below dodies and down under and you'll be a king!
                      Owning a bar is not an easy venture and not for the faint of heart. I spent two years running local venues. The second place I was at was quite successful and still is to this day. The reason I got out was that I was sick of the lifestyle. If you do decide to make the leap, I have several tools that would be of great benefit to you. I've got a ton of spreadsheets for inventory, cost analysis on drink specials, etc.

To brad, I we referring to more of the operations side of things and or the live music side as well. Sucks it didn't go well it is a VERY tough business to be successful at
                      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

fuck scotch. drink bourbon.
                        www.hppmotorsports.com
                        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Fuck that. Old Crow is some nasty shit.

Sorry to hear you didn't make it, Brad. I think the area you're in, just isn't sustainable.

My buddy owns Down Under in Allen. And RD, good luck. I'll tell you thee biggest two mistakes people make is not enough operating capital, and location. People just get half a mill, spend it all on renovations, then when business sucks in the beginning they don't have the money to pay employees, bills, food vendors, etc.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post

To brad, I we referring to more of the operations side of things and or the live music side as well. Sucks it didn't go well it is a VERY tough business to be successful at
                            bars/restaurants are the most failed businesses in America. You have to have a draw. A "thing". Something that separates you from the rest.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                              I haven't tried any, but have wanted to. I know they use smaller barrels, but four to five months only of aging concerns me. It's almost like they were more concerned with finding a way to be the FIRST Texas whiskey that they rushed it by doing it this way.

The garrison brothers distillery in Hyde Texas released its two year aged that I have three bottles of. It's very early corn whiskey and very corny and reminds me a lot of moonshine. But they don't plan on releasing their final product until the five year mark.

Garrison also only uses Texas grown corn.
                              You'll definately notice it in their Baby Blue...I tried it and the single malt, didn't get to try the Rumble. The single malt was surprisingly good, and it's running pretty hot at like 62% ABV (if memory serves correctly). The Baby Blue, on the other hand, has way too much a corn taste to it...it's not terrible, but not something I'd go out and buy for myself...just not my taste. However, I'd splurge for a bottle of the single.

I wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for a friend of mine...ended up playing golf with one of the partners in that place and he got a couple sample bottles for Thanksgiving.

Anyways...the single is worth a try if you get a chance. He was telling me that they will do free tours and tasting for anyone who drops in...if you ever have a reason to be in Waco that is. I always found that Poppa Rollo's is about the best reason to be in Waco.
                              70' Chevelle RagTop
                              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                                fuck scotch. drink bourbon.
                                Nah, girl. Nah.
                                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                                X