Whiskey aficionados

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
    When is the F&R Bourbon going to be ready to sell? Seems like I remember reading about it being barreled a couple of years ago.
    We're looking at around another year. Nothing set in stone though. Our oldest barrels are around 2 and a half years old. We're about to build a new facility so that's what the focus is currently on.
    Originally posted by Yale
    I want to give her a colonoscopy with my tongue.

Comment

• Originally posted by SSsierra90 View Post
      We're looking at around another year. Nothing set in stone though. Our oldest barrels are around 2 and a half years old. We're about to build a new facility so that's what the focus is currently on.
      Poop, I was hoping for this year. How have the samples tasted so far?

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
        Poop, I was hoping for this year. How have the samples tasted so far?
        Not a bad one yet. Last one I had was pretty damn good

Comment

• Originally posted by SSsierra90 View Post
          Sorry about that.. We can get you a new top if you like
          Nah, you're good, but thanks for offering!

I just used a corkscrew to get it out, no big deal, but it was noticeably softer than a regular cork.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            Nah, you're good, but thanks for offering!

I just used a corkscrew to get it out, no big deal, but it was noticeably softer than a regular cork.
            No problem.
            The cork being soft is odd. I'll have to look into that

Comment

• If anyone has an hour and a half to kill:

Popcorn Sutton had made a home movie of himself making moonshine in 1998, which he sold on VHS tape out of his Maggie Valley Junk shop, at the bend of the road heading out of town towards Soco Gap and Cherokee. The film had the same title as his self-penned book, "Me and My Likker," and was re-released by Sutton in 2009 as "Popcorn Sutton Making Likker a Long Time Ago." After working with Neal Hutcheson on the documentary film Mountain Talk (released in 2002), the two teamed up to produce a new film with Popcorn making moonshine. Hutcheson produced the first cut for Popcorn to sell and it was available for many years exclusively on VHS tape from the man himself. The footage was reworked into the award-winning PBS release "The Last One" (released in 2008) However, the legend of the original film, "last run," was growing even as it was becoming almost impossible to find. The film was remastered and released as a bonus feature with the 10th anniversary edition of "The Last One" in 2012.

Comment

If anyone has an hour and a half to kill:
                I'm gong to have to come back and watch this when I have the time. I read a pretty long article about him a couple years back (I think it was in Maxxim) that was very interesting.

Comment

• The wife asked if I wanted anything today. I said, "surprise me."
                  So I got Blanton's and Booker's. She knows me well.

Comment

• I totally married an enabler Happy anniversary to us. I came home to this today.
                    Fuuuuuuuuuuuck it's good.

Comment

• You sir are one lucky man

I need to hit the liquor store asp

Comment

• Nice Matt, very nice!
                        I splurged a bottle of that on my last SM Scotch breakout.

David

Comment

I totally married an enabler Happy anniversary to us. I came home to this today.
                          Fuuuuuuuuuuuck it's good.

makes my mouth water, is that weird?

Comment

• Comment

• DP and scotch?? Nice mix!

Comment

• For scale only. Mini Dr Pepper can size is cheating but that's the only size we have
                                #keepingitreal

Comment

Working...
                                X