Another racer death ( Texas man )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by orphan Shelby View Post
    Dudes a nut for not caging that up better at those speeds. Flyweight fwd with low pressure slicks can get interesting fast.
    Did the car ever run 9s? Fastest video I can find is 10.3s. I've seen lots of way faster cars without even a roll bar. Not saying it's smart and they weren't a tin can CRX.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
      Did the car ever run 9s? Fastest video I can find is 10.3s. I've seen lots of way faster cars without even a roll bar. Not saying it's smart and they weren't a tin can CRX.
      the compilation I saw on FB for his memorial has the announcer saying 9 second runs.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Facebook shows low 9's and someone said he has gone buck sixty in that

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          the compilation I saw on FB for his memorial has the announcer saying 9 second runs.
          If that's true the track needs to have their NHRA sanctioning looked at. There is no way that car had any kind of chassis certification.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
            Learned a hard lesson, people that allowed him to race that should be ashamed
            imagine the guilt of the tech person

Comment

Tech person and friends, no one should of been silent

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                you want to watch him be critically injured to the point he died? eesh, tough crowd!
                No, I want to see what exactly happened so I can learn from it.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  No, I want to see what exactly happened so I can learn from it.
                  dont run 150+ mph in a gutted tin can with a 6 point cage.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

This is from a friends facebook.

I had some time to compose myself and want to take the time to thank you guys for the kind words, I lost my cousin few years back that was petty hard for me and now I lose one of my best freind and had to sit there and witness it helplessly. We met of course through racing at Kennedale raceway back in the days, he was a very quiet and shy petson some people even thought he was an asshole but that was the way he was. He seen me run my buddy's car and told me that he was impressed and loved my driving skills I told him the same and we immediately became really good friends, we started to go to all the ifos and boti events in his old school chevy truck with no ac, he use to tell me how he loves that I have the passion for cars as much as him and that he can always count on me to go with him to almost every race knowing how busy my schedule is and circumstances were. This last race he really wasn't acting like himself, as soon as we got on the road he was silent and told me he wanted to quit racing for a while and just relax, he dedicated his life to the sport and I poured thousands of dollars and time into it. He had told me "people are scared of going fast, some lift when it gets scary, but I think when it's your time it's your time", he also told me and Jason Martinez "my father died at 47 and I don't think I'll even make it that long" on the way to the hotel the night before the race. He was really happy that I came with him to this last race and told me he wanted me to witness his first 8 second pass. He was always willing to help anyone without ever asking for help in return or even help period. This is the hardest thing I'll have to deal with but time will heal me, I feel so bad for his brothers and mother. I got my last good bye next to his death bed and told him I'll shake and bake till I die , I know that's how he would of wanted it. Farewell my dear friend I'll see u in the next life. Big loss

Comment

R.i.p.

Comment

Damn that gave me goosebumps
                        Originally posted by Da Prez
                        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

I swear I saw that damn car on craigslist a week ago. If not it was it's twin.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                          X