Birds Camaro snatched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birds Camaro snatched

Just read on the book of faces that David Bird Jones racecar truck and trailer just got jacked in in Forest Hill Tx, is Carless Chris getting back in to racecars?

Fuckin thieves.

Comment

Need to kill more thieves in public like the old days.
      I'm always amazed when these rigs get stolen. Either they turn up quick or they disappear into the Bermuda triangle.

Comment

I saw that Sunday morning...that sucks but how are you going to leave that parked in a Motel, especially in Forest Hill! I would have asked someone to borrow their garage or something.
        Originally posted by Da Prez
        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
          I saw that Sunday morning...that sucks but how are you going to leave that parked in a Motel, especially in Forest Hill! I would have asked someone to borrow their garage or something.
          Sucks for sure. I am not all that sure he knows if the area is good or bad when he stopped really. I know when I travel to races with my truck and trailer and find a hotel I have zero clue if its a good area. I pull the relay on the truck, and have insurance on my race car just incase. My truck and trailer are old and wore out, when I get a new truck or trailer both will have GPS on them.

It's been happening more and more over the past few years, especially in this area. Many(really that's not an understatement) of my friends have had their trailers and/or race cars stolen. Some from storage lots, driveways, hotels, shops, etc its getting out of hand. Sad I have to carry off-track insurance on my race car for the simple fact I am worried of thieves.
          3x NHRA/IHRA Division 4 Champion
          www.heathensracing.com

Competition Sales of Dallas
          Mothers Polish and Waxes
          Mickey Thompson Tires
          Champion Racing Oils
          MaxCackle Photos

"I bleed red, white, blue, and a little bit of E85"

Comment

how much does off the track insurance cost?

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
              how much does off the track insurance cost?
              Through my agent its cheap. I have $25,000 + $3000 spare parts for little less than $300/year. It covers fire, theft, natural disaster and anything that happens outside of the staging lanes and on-track. You determine the value of your stuff, pay about $100/$10000 value.

My buddies trailer got stolen last April, we left for a race in Mississippi that week. Had me thinking then entire way there. A fire happened to a racer on the way there burned trailer and car to the ground. Had me thinking more. While at the race, parked in the pit area, a car's park lever broke, car started rolling as it was parked on an incline and we all saw it and ran to the car and was able to stop it before hitting my trailer. Some reason I parked my car in a different spot that round next to the trailer instead of behind it. If I hadn't my car would have been hit. That was the final straw, called the insurance agent at the track and got insurance on it right then.
              www.heathensracing.com

Mothers Polish and Waxes
              Mickey Thompson Tires
              Champion Racing Oils
              MaxCackle Photos

Comment

Originally posted by MadMax404M View Post
                Through my agent its cheap. I have $25,000 + $3000 spare parts for little less than $300/year. It covers fire, theft, natural disaster and anything that happens outside of the staging lanes and on-track. You determine the value of your stuff, pay about $100/$10000 value.

My buddies trailer got stolen last April, we left for a race in Mississippi that week. Had me thinking then entire way there. A fire happened to a racer on the way there burned trailer and car to the ground. Had me thinking more. While at the race, parked in the pit area, a car's park lever broke, car started rolling as it was parked on an incline and we all saw it and ran to the car and was able to stop it before hitting my trailer. Some reason I parked my car in a different spot that round next to the trailer instead of behind it. If I hadn't my car would have been hit. That was the final straw, called the insurance agent at the track and got insurance on it right then.
                good call

Comment

any info yet? if he is lucky he'll get it back all fuxed up, but I doubt it ever shows up again. Off to Dubai the car goes.

Comment

It will be at yellow belly in no time

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                      It will be at yellow belly in no time
                      In parts most likely...
                      Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!

Comment

Reward is up to 20k I believe thanks to racers and sponsors. You can always count on the racing community to band together for other racers in time of need no doubt.
                        www.heathensracing.com

Mothers Polish and Waxes
                        Mickey Thompson Tires
                        Champion Racing Oils
                        MaxCackle Photos

Comment

I guess no news yet? that sucks!

Comment

I'm going to guess the car is in pieces and the truck is in mexico. The trailer has been retagged and this story will never have a written ending.

Comment

They better not tow that motherfucker through Alvarado!
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X