T-bird takes first at Roadkill Zip Tie Drags Hooptie Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-bird takes first at Roadkill Zip Tie Drags Hooptie Challenge

I took my 89 T-bird junkyard car to the Roadkill Zip Tie Drags event at Memphis International Raceway this weekend and managed to take first place. The weather was brutal (90 and very high humidity) and the turnout was pretty light.

The format of the Hooptie Challenge is that the car has to be worth less than $3,000 as judged by the hosts of the Roadkill show. Given that my car is intended for Thunder Valley's Junkyard Wars series where value must be $500 or less, I figured the bird was a natural for this event.

In this video, my car is the fourth in line for the judging.

Last edited by Broncojohnny; 07-16-2017, 12:25 PM.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

You look so proud when you pulled up and stepped out.

"check this majesty out, you rotten bastards!"

Comment

Believe it or not it is probably the most consistent car I have ever owned when it comes off the tree. As long as you launch it in the same 500 rpm range every time, it hops just a little and then it flat hooks and moves out. I ran six passes yesterday and my slowest reaction time was a .151
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

So want to do this!

Comment

That's pretty cool.

Comment

Nice! I ran at the track on friday and also ran a few .1xx lights. Its actually nice to be able to concentrate on launching the RS over the Cobra because the cobra half my mind is occupied wondering what part is going to break next.

Comment

Article on the Roadkill webpage:

Comment

Nice win, looks like fun!

Comment

Comment

Good job, nice win !

Comment

That interior is what we call "Functional Plush"

Comment

I like the water bottles. I always have at least 2 ratting around. It doesn't matter how many times I throw them away.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                          I like the water bottles. I always have at least 2 ratting around. It doesn't matter how many times I throw them away.
                          90 degrees and 90% or higher humidity. It was sprinkling on my windshield on the last pass! Sweat was pouring out of me. Damn car was overheating too, hottest I have been in a while.

Comment

Working...
                          X