Rethink your EDC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rethink your EDC?

With all that is going on lately, have any of you guys rethought what you carry for your EDC?

Normally for me it's been a full size 1911 or a Glock 21 with a single spare magazine. Sometimes a Glock 43 if I need to dress for the occasion and need to deep conceal carry; again with a single magazine. In addition I'll carry a pocket knife; either a folding Benchmade or Spyderco or a fixed blade Benchmade SOCP or an ESEE 3. And if I'll be out long enough I'll carry a flashlight, normally a Surefire.

My thinking has always been that I need to defend myself against a robbery from one or two people. I've always felt that a loaded gun, a spare magazine, and a knife would be enough. With all that is going on in the world lately I'm thinking I need more.

Not looking to start a war but if there is some sort of active shooter that I happen to get caught up in and I go through what ammunition I have on me, I want to make sure I have spares that I can get to near by. Or if there is a some sort of terrorist attack or civil unrest, I want enough to get me home.

For now that means carrying two spare magazines on me but I'm now thinking I'm going to buy more spare magazines to keep loaded in the car when I know I'm going to be out. My future plan is to upgrade to a high capacity Glock in 9mm, probably buy a few of them from full size to subcompact. Never thought about carrying a rifle on me but I might start rethinking something like a pistol caliber carbine that uses Glock magazines, something cheap like what PSA or Keltech offerings so I don't have an expensive AR that's getting beat up.

So anybody else rethinking their EDC lately?

Nah. I don't worry about shit like that. Train for the worst, hope for the best. I do have random shit here and there but I don't plan on walking around with a AR around my neck. I am considering a DP-12 for my cruiser though. If I can find one local and not at rapey prices. Buds has them for 1050.00.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Yes. I have a g19 and 3 mags total. I may need to add a sig mpx or carbine of some sort and keep it in the truck too. Even just a cz527 7.62x39 carbine would be a huge step up over a pistol in an active shooter scenario.

It's clear things are getting crazier as things politically move way off center on both sides.

This is one of the reason I thought the sig mpx might be interesting.

Comment

I'm going to get a custom kudex holster made for my .458 socom AR pistol and a backpack full of mags as my EDC. What I'm considering is an additional upper in 5.56 and a couple drums in the back pack just in case but I'm thinking that may be a bit much. I'll wait to see what SVO thinks.
        Last edited by red89notch; 11-07-2017, 07:23 AM.
        Originally posted by Marisa
        we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Definitely. 7+1 in a short barreled .40 pistol is essentially useless against a rifle unless you get extremely lucky.
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Been thinking the same, I carry a G19 so something like AR9 or Sub2k makes sense to use the same rounds but in the end it is still a pistol cartridge. An AR15 pistol with a Sig brace would be better and fairly compact for a truck gun.

Comment

Nope. Just my g43 and a spare mag. SBR AR in the truck with 5 mags.

Comment

When I can carry (work doesn't allow), I carry my XDS 9mm but with no spare mags on me. I'm starting to rethink that. I have two in the car, but that won't help me if I'm not close by. I keep a .45 in the car plus a small hip bag. The bag has a 100 round brick plus 3 more loaded mags in it along with a flashlight, paracord, asprin, extra pair of socks, and some other crap. There's always a water bottle in the car too. I'm giving serious though to putting an inexpensive AR in the tire stowage area in the hatch now with half a dozen mags. Crazy we have to think like this.

Comment

ive gone from my g27 to a g19 most days, and an lcp w/ extra mag when i "can't" carry.

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I can't carry at work, but I typically leave a handgun in whatever vehicle I am in so I have it if I go out. My daily carry is usually a shield 9mm with an extra mag, but here lately I opt more often for a g19 ususally with a spare mag as well. Shield is more comfortable to carry but that is less important lately.
                    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                      I'll wait to see what SVO thinks.
                      I recently dropped one of my J frames in favor of a G19 but only because I wanted to try something new. No changes are planed to what I have been carting around for years.

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                      Definitely. 7+1 in a short barreled .40 pistol is essentially useless against a rifle unless you get extremely lucky.
                      WRONG. It only takes one well placed bullet to end a gun fight. Guns are just bullet launchers and dead is dead no matter what tool was used to bring about the death.
                      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Daily I carry an XD40 with 13 rounds and a spare mag in my bag. I also keep a spare magazines in both of our vehicles, for both of our carry pistols. I figure at worst use the ammo as a retreat to the vehicle and more ammo, and to GTFO.

I do like the idea of throwing an AR in the Jeep, though I would need to find a way to secure it. If I were to go that route I would probably just do a dedicated AR pistol / poor man's SBR.

Comment

I personally prefer a shotgun to a pistol caliber carbine. Something like the Remmy Tac-14 or Mossberg Shockwave for the truck. Sure it has less rounds, but I think it is a better "threath denial" weapon.

Comment

I've been carrying my G-32 with 7 rounds for weight savings and now I'm carrying an extra loaded magazine in the car. After that first round of bullshit in Sandyhook I started carrying my Sig P-250 and G-32 in the car at all times. I told you peeps that I carry EVERYWHERE and I mean EVERYWHERE a long time ago. I don't care if its church, Lowes, weddings, museums, state fair, concerts (indoor or outdoor), 14000 ft. mountain, beach, restaurants lake, track, aquarium, Kroger(s), Sams wholesale, NAPA auto parts, getting fuel, etc.

I felt naked as a jaybird in NYC a month ago, it sucked but I tried not to think about it, I kept telling myself no one else had a gun except the police. I did go to an Academy and buy a big ass knife but that was for hand to hand only. Nothing went down, but it sucked.

I keep an eye on everyone and never leave my guard down, I'm always watching people of all colors, if someone is going to do something you can tell by their demeanor, if I'm out out and about the people around me are always tripping on me, but I don't give a fuck.
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I have a Gerber knife on my key chain. I always have a LC9 in the truck. Now that were getting into the the winter months I can carry outside holster with my .40 under my jacket. I don't feel comfortable doing that otherwise, even though it's now legal in Texas. I just think it draws unnecessary attention.

Comment

Working...
                              X