No announcement yet.

Rethink your EDC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also have a backpack SBR in .300BLK that has the law tactical folding stock adapter. Fits perfectly in any back pack that can come on any little trip as needed

Comment

I mean...

I used to have those, before the boating accident and everything is now at the bottom of lake lewisville

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
        i've opted to add one of these in the truck in addition to my on person carry, loaded with 9 mini shells now thanks to Marty picking me up the adapter

$379 shipped on palmetto
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

i've opted to add one of these in the truck in addition to my on person carry, loaded with 9 mini shells now thanks to Marty picking me up the adapter

aren't those illegal in texas?

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
            All of this back and forth about whats the better weapon in the scenario or who can hit more accurately on the move really isn't solving the primary issue in the Texas shooting...which is NOBODY was armed...not saying a person in that church with a small handgun would have saved the day...but when someone is shooting back at you there's at least a moderate chance you might decide to stop the attack. We will never know...but we do know that someone with a gun started shooting back...and the attack ended abruptly. The law needs to change regarding concealed carry in places of religion...and for that matter...ALL gun free zones. They are targets.
            is there any evidence to even support that nobody was armed?

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
              There is a tape of the entire shooting and I doubt it shows anyone shooting back but I am sure that time will tell.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I have been rethinking my daily carry some myself.

Typically I carry a Khar single stack 9mm with 7rd mag and one in the camber and an additional 7rd in my pocket. Having lost weight, I have tried carrying a XD9 with a 10rd mag and one in the chamber and an additional 16rd. Last trip home it wasn't as comfortable but I have since lost more weight.

A vehicle loadout now that I have an SUV has been on my mind more. I think a cheap but reliable AR with simple red dot and small bag of magazines will find its way into a compartment.

But so will a large first aid kit augmented with plenty of "stop the bleeding" items and tourniquets.

I have also thought about picking up a Mossberg Shockwave now that they are legal for purchase in Texas. Keep it back there too.

That church tragedy is actually a massive fear of mine. I ALWAYS carry at church for that exact reason. Now I think my wife gets it.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

This. I posted my above comment without reading the replies today.

Where did you find it? I neeeeeed one...or 2!!

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                    I have been rethinking my daily carry some myself.

That church tragedy is actually a massive fear of mine. I ALWAYS carry at church for that exact reason. Now I think my wife gets it.
                    Yup, my wife was harassing me all of the time we went out, especially to places of worship. I took all of that with a grain of salt, it bothered me but, not to the point where I would leave my weapon in the car. Now she understands, that and we have been in some compromising situations where she was scared and asked is If was carrying, I just looked at her and smiled, she then felt safe, haha!

I know sometimes some of us (present company included) act or come across as cocky and arrogant, I don't want to shoot or kill anyone and have that on my conscience. I also don't want to go to jail or be sued, but if it means me and family being alive over some dumb fuck with mental problems, then that's the way it shall be.
                    I hate that I can't go out and just chill, relax and have a good time without having to worry about shit like this, but it is the world we live in now a day's...
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                      $379 shipped on palmetto
                      they had it for 299 last week.

Comment

This. I posted my above comment without reading the replies today.

Where did you find it? I neeeeeed one...or 2!!
                        PSA, it's ranged from 379-299 depending on the week.

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                          aren't those illegal in texas?
                          legal as of Sept 1st

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                            None that I have heard...I am just going on a hunch because if there had been someone in there armed I'm sure the media would have hammered it into the ground that it didn't help.

Comment

PSA, it's ranged from 379-299 depending on the week.
                              I'm watching them for Black Friday. If they drop to 299, I am getting 2. I figure one day down the road and can Form 1 one of them for a SBS.

Have you shot it yet? How did you like those little 12ga shorts?

I also read somewhere of a 20ga version coming out.

Comment

I'm watching them for Black Friday. If they drop to 299, I am getting 2. I figure one day down the road and can Form 1 one of them for a SBS.

Have you shot it yet? How did you like those little 12ga shorts?

I also read somewhere of a 20ga version coming out.
                                I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, and my mini shells should be here this weekend. Definitely going to out this weekend and fuck shit up.

Just check the PSA daily deal emails, about a week ago, they hit 299, and I sent Marty an email, and he ordered one that day.

The 20 gauge is now shipping. I think I might pickup one of those as well when they hit at a decent price. (PSA has the 20 gauge for 379 today and 399 for the 12)

Comment

Working...
                                X