DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Pirate 4x4 ARRRRRR

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2015, 07:42 PM   #21
BMCSean
Always lurking
 
BMCSean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Argyle
Posts: 5,584
Default

I would just wait and do the armor coating on the whole jeep at the same time.
If you didn't hate Kenny's and you hadn't called me a hipster I would try and help you out with some jeep parts...
BMCSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:04 PM   #22
juiceweezl
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMCSean View Post
I would just wait and do the armor coating on the whole jeep at the same time.
If you didn't hate Kenny's and you hadn't called me a hipster I would try and help you out with some jeep parts...
What's the hookup on jeep parts? Did I miss something? I'm about to start upgrading my '05 and am always looking for a deal. I need to make it Armageddon ready!!!
juiceweezl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 04:56 PM   #23
AnthonyS
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,676
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMCSean View Post
I would just wait and do the armor coating on the whole jeep at the same time.
If you didn't hate Kenny's and you hadn't called me a hipster I would try and help you out with some jeep parts...
That might be the best reply I've ever gotten. Touche.

Okay honestly I don't "hate" Kenny's. It's good, but like a lot of good places, it's overrated. The thing is Dallas has a lot of good and very good burger places. And honestly at the end of the day I want a burger not some overly concocted creation. I've eaten at Hubert Keller's burger bar too. Was it good? Sure. Was it great? Possibly. Was it worth the over $100 I dropped in there? Honestly, probably not. I feel the same way about Kenny's. I hate the wait. I hate the pretentious servers, and pretentious menus. I'd eat there again, I'm just not ever going to be a huge Kenny's fan. Thanks to my wife and mother-in-law I usually find out about these places and get to try them before it becomes overly awful. Then after a few years once things settle down, I might go back.

And as far as being a hipster. Well if you spend a lot of time at Kenny's in Plano, you might have a plaid vest, skinny jeans, and fake glasses.... I don't know. Based on your Jeep though, probably not. Again, I don't know.

As far as Jeep parts.... maybe but I'm $$$$ deep in two Corvettes right now. I won't have any cash to spare on the Jeep for a year while I get these two cars finished or to the point I want them.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 05:00 PM   #24
AnthonyS
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,676
Default

Anyone considering a 4 door Wrangler as a DD, should definitely go drive one. After having one now for 10 months, I wouldn't have anything else as a DD. I can literally go anywhere I like, have great visibility, all the comfort I need, and don't sweat potholes, weather, bad roads, or worry about anything most drivers are concerned with. I also get cut off a lot less in it that I did in my cars in Big D traffic. The entire family loves it. My wife likes it a lot. My kids prefer riding in it to my wife's SUV by a large margin. My son loves driving it. It's fun to drive a Jeep. Of course he hasn't driven either Corvette and won't get to for a long time.... but that's different.

I can't even complain about the mileage really. It's as good in town as my '13 GT and '12 Audi S4 were and it used cheaper gas. On the highway it does respectably well for a brick.

In '18 or '19 I'm going to have to look into the new 4 door Jeep truck when it comes out. It's the only DD that might be better IMO.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:05 PM   #25
slow99
Genetically Blessed
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dallas
Posts: 21,014
Default

Forest Springs and Meadowknoll?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.
slow99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:01 PM   #26
fordracing19
Lifer
 
fordracing19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Sanger TX
Posts: 10,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
Anyone considering a 4 door Wrangler as a DD, should definitely go drive one. After having one now for 10 months, I wouldn't have anything else as a DD. I can literally go anywhere I like, have great visibility, all the comfort I need, and don't sweat potholes, weather, bad roads, or worry about anything most drivers are concerned with. I also get cut off a lot less in it that I did in my cars in Big D traffic. The entire family loves it. My wife likes it a lot. My kids prefer riding in it to my wife's SUV by a large margin. My son loves driving it. It's fun to drive a Jeep. Of course he hasn't driven either Corvette and won't get to for a long time.... but that's different.

I can't even complain about the mileage really. It's as good in town as my '13 GT and '12 Audi S4 were and it used cheaper gas. On the highway it does respectably well for a brick.

In '18 or '19 I'm going to have to look into the new 4 door Jeep truck when it comes out. It's the only DD that might be better IMO.
How many miles have you put on it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
__________________
2015 F250 Platinum
fordracing19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:13 AM   #27
AnthonyS
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,676
Default

Just under 10k. About to go get 2nd oil change done. Will have almost 11k next week after Galveston trip.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 05:59 PM   #28
inline 6
IN GOD WE TRUST
 
inline 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 7,747
Default

Have you started to mod it yet? Once you start its a complete money pit.
__________________
inline 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 09:34 PM   #29
diablo rojo
Soulless Ginger Bastard
 
diablo rojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Crazy Town
Posts: 5,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inline 6 View Post
Have you started to mod it yet? Once you start its a complete money pit.
I've got 5k worth of mods in mind already.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
__________________
diablo rojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 09:46 PM   #30
inline 6
IN GOD WE TRUST
 
inline 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 7,747
Default

in mind? lol dont dew it! I'm approaching the initial cost of the damn thing.
__________________
inline 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:53 PM   #31
AnthonyS
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,676
Default

A few accessories but no mods yet. I'm afraid if I start modding that I will end up trading it for an '18 and lose a ton of value in the mods. I'm going to wait until it's paid off or traded for an '18. I have a lot to do to the Vettes this year since my son wants to take on on the Power Tour. I also have an RC addiction too which takes some funds. I have a room with planes trains and automobiles in it actually (hobby room). I need to get it sorted out better this winter. I also need to get my reloading stuff set up in there as well. What I really need is a 20x40 man cave, but that won't happen for a long time until we are done with city life.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nay needs address please, nay wants license plate #

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:14 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.