Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
    Pauls Powdercoating.
    Paul can suck a donkeys nut. Hes an idiot and a scumbag.

Took an 89 FZR600 frame, swingarm and wheels to be PC'd. motherfucker cuts off the back 6 inches of the frame because it wont fit in his booth. Goes further and shaves off and fills in random bolt holes and cable guides along the frame.

COMPLETELY OBLITERATED THE VIN WITH AN ANGLE GRINDER.

never mentioned what he had done and then went cold/silent when I wanted my money back for his hackjob and a replacement frame.

After a few years of not being able to do anything with it without major money outlay just said fuck it. Dumped the frame in a ditch and sold off all the parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Binky View Post

Took an 89 FZR600 frame, swingarm and wheels to be PC'd. motherfucker cuts off the back 6 inches of the frame because it wont fit in his booth. Goes further and shaves off and fills in random bolt holes and cable guides along the frame.

never mentioned what he had done and then went cold/silent when I wanted my money back for his hackjob and a replacement frame.

After a few years of not being able to do anything with it without major money outlay just said fuck it. Dumped the frame in a ditch and sold off all the parts.

Haha, holy shit man. wtf

Comment

I used Crosslink quite a bit. Dallas or McKinney, good folks.

Comment

What in the motherfuck......that is beyond retarded. He did all of this without even talking to you about it?

and why did you dump the frame in a ditch instead of a dumpster?

Comment

Crosslink is the way to go!

Comment

Paul is the one from Canada that drove a 1st gen lightning, right? Paid him to powdercoat the wheels on the bu. He only did the outside of the wheel.... Pretty hack if you ask me.
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                What in the motherfuck......that is beyond retarded. He did all of this without even talking to you about it?

and why did you dump the frame in a ditch instead of a dumpster?
                He never said a word. I only found out what he did when I talked to a board member who saw him do it. I don't even remember who that was, but fuck that guy too!

I didn't even notice until months later. I was having ht engine reworked and it was in a thousand pieces. I should have taken before and after photos, but I honestly didnt expect him to shave shit off with a grinder.

Friend had a ditch he was backfilling with construction scrap in order to pave over it, so I tossed the frame in and called it a day. Couldn't sell it for scrap because of the VIN.

Comment

WTF! I think you might have told me about that before but I must have forgotten.

Man that sucks to hear Burleson Powder Coating isn't around anymore. Clifton and those guys were always very cool with me. Anyone know why they closed??

I haven't had anything powder coated in years. But when I did (and it was before BPC was around) I used Mike Tomlin at Performance Coatings in Arlington off of Cooper and California. Looks to be a different name but it's in the same area.

Specialized Performance Coatings
                  1107 California Ln
                  Arlington, TX 76015
                  (817) 274-1947

Probably is the same guy based on the email address. Really good guy and he showed me around the shop and showed me some of the stuff he was working on way back in the day when I first went there.

Comment

He never said a word. I only found out what he did when I talked to a board member who saw him do it. I don't even remember who that was, but fuck that guy too!
                    How in the fuck do you stand by and let someone do that kind of shit?
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                      WTF! I think you might have told me about that before but I must have forgotten.

Man that sucks to hear Burleson Powder Coating isn't around anymore. Clifton and those guys were always very cool with me. Anyone know why they closed??

I haven't had anything powder coated in years. But when I did (and it was before BPC was around) I used Mike Tomlin at Performance Coatings in Arlington off of Cooper and California. Looks to be a different name but it's in the same area.

Specialized Performance Coatings
                      1107 California Ln
                      Arlington, TX 76015
                      (817) 274-1947

Probably is the same guy based on the email address. Really good guy and he showed me around the shop and showed me some of the stuff he was working on way back in the day when I first went there.
                      I have used Mike in the past going back to 2000. We used to drop off a lot of parts with him to color but back then he was heavily in thermal coatings.

I have a down pipe I need coated and wanted somewhere closer who could do a quality job without bending me over but will probably just take it to Mike.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                        I have used Mike in the past going back to 2000. We used to drop off a lot of parts with him to color but back then he was heavily in thermal coatings.

I have a down pipe I need coated and wanted somewhere closer who could do a quality job without bending me over but will probably just take it to Mike.
                        He's a real good guy. Back over on the Canada site, he thanked me quite a few times for sending people his way but I don't think he ever made it over here. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to go back to him if I needed something done as I would rather give work to someone I know that does a quality job.

Comment

Wesley at Outlaw powder coating in Mansfield.He is in the House of Hot Rods complex.But , don't there quality of work scare you away , he does great work.

Comment

Originally posted by SOLOW55 View Post
                            Wesley at Outlaw powder coating in Mansfield.He is in the House of Hot Rods complex.But , don't there quality of work scare you away , he does great work.
                            All agree to that. He did some valve/cam covers for me a while back and they turned out perfect.

Comment

Damn that's fucked up. I meant that moreso as a joke as he kind of vanished from here, but now I know why! Shit.

Comment

Powder coating is so... last century. Plasti-dip is where it's at now!

Comment

Working...
                                X