No announcement yet.

Best excuse ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife had a new girl starting last Monday. She didn't show and wife called to check on her and they said she was in car accident and may not make it.! They later called and said she passed. She didn't die and was posting on her FB all day.

Comment

I had a guy that just couldnt get to work on time, and every now and again, it was several hours that he was late.

Once, he called and said that squirrels got into his attic, and ate the power wire going to his alarm clock.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

When I waited tables in my teens, we would often go to IHOP after closing shifts. We were there 3-4 times a week and one of the servers, Denise, got to be friends with us. She would sometimes get cut early and we would give her a ride to her place, sometimes she would pop in to our restaurant to eat before a shift, etc. This was all over the course of probably 3 years, so we all got to have a pretty good friendship with her.

She tells us she was pregnant one night (no, it wasn't mine), we congratulated her and all that jazz. She seemed really happy about it. Fast forward a few months, we come in one day, and the shift manager tells us she was in the hospital and was having complications. She took FMLA for over 4 weeks, they said she lost the baby and nearly died herself. We didn't have her cell number, so we tried going by her apartment to see if she had family, but no one was home. About a week later, we're all up there to eat after work and one of he other waitresses we talk to a lot runs up and says, "sit in my section, have I got a story for you!"

Turns out, Denise was really well liked by everyone. So after a few weeks, they started asking if they could help. She told them don't worry, I'll be out of here soon, my family's got me, etc. One manager apparently said something didn't add up, his wife had lost a baby at 8 months and it nearly killed her as well but she wasn't in the hospital for weeks. Denise had told one of the other servers what hospital she checked into and the manager found out. He went up to the hospital and they told him she had checked out weeks ago. Through FMLA attorneys they found out she was never even pregnant; she had actually gone into the hospital for some generic illness. They were trying to find her now because she had been paid disability.

We never heard from her again.
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
          When I waited tables in my teens, we would often go to IHOP after closing shifts. We were there 3-4 times a week and one of the servers, Denise, got to be friends with us. She would sometimes get cut early and we would give her a ride to her place, sometimes she would pop in to our restaurant to eat before a shift, etc. This was all over the course of probably 3 years, so we all got to have a pretty good friendship with her.

She tells us she was pregnant one night (no, it wasn't mine), we congratulated her and all that jazz. She seemed really happy about it. Fast forward a few months, we come in one day, and the shift manager tells us she was in the hospital and was having complications. She took FMLA for over 4 weeks, they said she lost the baby and nearly died herself. We didn't have her cell number, so we tried going by her apartment to see if she had family, but no one was home. About a week later, we're all up there to eat after work and one of he other waitresses we talk to a lot runs up and says, "sit in my section, have I got a story for you!"

Turns out, Denise was really well liked by everyone. So after a few weeks, they started asking if they could help. She told them don't worry, I'll be out of here soon, my family's got me, etc. One manager apparently said something didn't add up, his wife had lost a baby at 8 months and it nearly killed her as well but she wasn't in the hospital for weeks. Denise had told one of the other servers what hospital she checked into and the manager found out. He went up to the hospital and they told him she had checked out weeks ago. Through FMLA attorneys they found out she was never even pregnant; she had actually gone into the hospital for some generic illness. They were trying to find her now because she had been paid disability.

We never heard from her again.
          watermelon truck show up?
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            watermelon truck show up?
            Not going there. It was a really weird situation.
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
              hurry up svo! chime in with the best story in the thread!
              Right! No woman who had a one night stand with SVO has ever been able to work the next day!!!1111!1!1!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                this guy and my roommate told me that his trans am "caught fire" just about a mile from his house, and they walked home. But it was fine when they left it after it lost a T-top on the tollway, then got a call the next morning from the cops saying they found his car burned to the ground.
                Sounds like something the plano crew would do.

Comment

So glad I have lived a full enough life to have been able to create memories for others. I'm truly blessed.

Comment

One of my guys didn't show up for 2 days...finally showed up with no shoes...Said that he got kidnapped, locked in the trunk of a car then thrown off a small cliff by the trinity off Hwy 360..When asked why he had no shoes he said they stole his shoes right before they threw him over

Finally got fired about a month later for disappearing for a week

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                      Chris always seemed like a nice guy!
                      thanks! miss that trans am though

Comment

that kidnapping shit happens all the time, it happened to me bra.
                        sigpic

Comment

Remember that guy that was kidnapped in Garland and they threw him off a bridge? He was stuck in the mud and nearly didn't make it out. I always wondered if the story was BS or not though.

Comment

Threw him off the bridge at 190 and 30. Lake was way down because of no rain and he was stuck in the mud and fished his cell phone out of his pocket. Called 911 and they finally got him out. They couldn't figure how to get to him because of the mud.

Comment

That is some epic movie tyoe shit to get lawn darted into the mud off a bridge! Wonder what he did for them to do that to him.

Comment

Had a meth head working my crew years back. Called in on Fridays (night work) almost weekly.
                                Well one time he called and said grandmother died and the funeral was... At night! Ok so Sunday rolled around and he calls back and tells me that again, he'll be missing. Excuse? Ground was to frozen to dig a grave! How he kept from lol I'll never know.
                                Yep, that happened.

David

Comment

Working...
                                X