Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    lmfao at the name change.
    At least he didn't ban me! I'd be bored as shit at work.

Comment

Bought from Moritz and was one of the easiest deals I have ever done. Pricing seemed almost too good to be true, did 99% of the deal over the phone. Drove in, signed and left. When we got there they already had it gassed up, detailed, and ready to go. If I was buying another Mopar they would get first shot at my business.
      The salesman I worked with was Lyon Alizna

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
        Bought from Moritz and was one of the easiest deals I have ever done. Pricing seemed almost too good to be true, did 99% of the deal over the phone. Drove in, signed and left. When we got there they already had it gassed up, detailed, and ready to go. If I was buying another Mopar they would get first shot at my business.
        That's hilarious that a sales person is named Lyon.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Can't Make His Tee Time View Post
          That's hilarious that a sales person is named Lyon.
          The only response I could come up with when he told me his name was "No Shit?"

Comment

The only response I could come up with when he told me his name was "No Shit?"
            Did you ask " are you Lyon to me " after every thing he said?

Comment

Checked their pricing online and they look about the same from the dealers that I have spoken too. Might go visit a local dealer today just to see what they offer me for my trade. Had one dealer already offer me $33,500 without seeing the truck in person. Said it possibly will go up once they see it. I'd like somewhere around $37K. The deal would have to be good to me to make the jump.

Comment

I've got a couple friends that have newer RAM's, and they are indeed night and day difference from the older ones. One that has impressed me most...my buddy Dave bought an 11' 3500 SLT 4x4 LWB, 6.7 & manual (friggin huge truck) from a pond service company out in east Texas a couple years ago. It had been used as a work truck all its life, hauling a trailer and on & off concrete pretty much daily. He bought it with ~170K really cheap. The drivers seat was completely trashed, but the rest of the interior remarkably in very good shape (assuming it probably had one dude riding around in it most of the time, though). The bed was pretty well beat to shit, but he easily found a take-off and had it sprayed to match. He also bought a new seat cover and refoamed it himself...looks new again. I've helped him fix some stuff on it as things popped up - the very first thing was a CEL, like within the first week. Of course it was a sensor related to the DPF, so we deleted and reprogrammed, and that made a HUGE difference in power and fuel mileage. It also had a fault in the factory trailer brake controller...was in the harness. Also had a issue with the wiper washers, again in the harness, but not a hard fix. Keyless entry has always been intermittent too, and it isn't the remotes.

At around 200K we had to put a new pinion seal in the rear end, and it also needed front axle bearings around that time. Most recently the ignition switch needed to be replaced. Otherwise that's about it...and keep in mind this truck has been worked, a lot. With the nature of work that it did, I'm betting 4x4 was engaged a whole bunch of those miles too.

All-in-all, I'd say it was a damned good investment for him...he lives on ~40 acres and uses it around the farm, tows with it all the time, and occasionally uses it to commute to his job (~50 miles each way).

Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
                Just get yourself an obs Ford 7.3 Powerstroke , 94.5-97, and you will be fine. No depreciation either.
                I love mine, but I've since also bought a 6.7 Ford and it'll run circles around the ole 7.3 (MUCH more comfortably too)....now that I've been seeing what the clean OBS trucks are bringing, I might decide to unload it next spring. I hate to b/c they are getting so hard to find, but it just sits in the garage most time now, and they seem to keep going up on price. I still love taking it out and driving it though....you've got to talk load for folks to hear you in that thing!
                70' Chevelle RagTop
                (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

I know maintenance on Diesel's are more expensive so trying to way the extra cost and if it will be worth it for me to make the jump compared to my Tundra. Truck will be mostly my daily driver with towing every few months. What do you guys think?

Comment

other than dpf fluid, a bit higher oil and filter changes, and the slight difference in fuel cost, I dont see any.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      other than dpf fluid, a bit higher oil and filter changes, and the slight difference in fuel cost, I dont see any.
                      As far as fuel cost I think I might equal out since my Tundra gets no so good gas mileage and the 2500 cummins get better gas mileage.

Comment

Looks like I might be heading to the dealership to work some final numbers on a new 2500. They offered me $37,500-$38,500 for my Tundra without seeing the truck. Dealer is located about 1.5 hours away from me. I purchased my Tundra for $41K and owe $32K. I'm not sure if I want to stick with the Tradesman series or look at something with a little more options like the SLT Lonestar series. Should I consider an extended warranty for the truck like "Max Care" if I can get it for a good price? I'm not going to lie, I'm still a little unsure on letting go of my Tundra not knowing if I will regret it down the road. Only time will tell.

Comment

What kind of price are they offering on the new truck?
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                            What kind of price are they offering on the new truck?
                            Tradesman is about $40K
                            SLT Lonestar is about $47K

Haven't negotiated any better pricing on the new trucks yet. Was waiting till I went into the store to see what happens.

Have some people tell me not to get a diesel unless I need one. I can't say that I really need it because my Tundra will tow my tractor and trailer but the diesel will tow it better with better fuel mileage. You fellas think I'd be making a mistake getting into the diesel truck? Decisions decisions...
                            Last edited by Mike69; 12-29-2016, 11:05 AM.

Comment

The lone star package is a great deal for the options you get. I would highly suggest the maxcare warranty. It's like a $100 deductible for a lifetime bumper to bumper coverage. Well worth it if you plan to keep it very long. One radio replacement or one cat and it pays for itself.

Comment

quit being a pussy and buy it

Comment

Working...
                                X