No announcement yet.

Six figure blue collar jobs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my best friends made well into 6-figure numbers with a small (3-man) HVAC business. Sold that business to his brother last summer to buy into an established business that repairs dental equipment - he's already making baller money on that deal.

One of our resident PDR guys does very well also, as does one of the older members that repaired boat motors, but doesn't post much here anymore. Having the skill is only part of it....how you choose to use it is a whole other thing.
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

There are other ways to make an income, legally, ethically, etc. Part time and consistent effort but completely doable. Residual income is out there, you just have to be open minded and look. The problem I see is the institionalizing of people into thinking a 9-5 is the ONLY way. [Insert your profession's normal work hours].
      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
        There are other ways to make an income, legally, ethically, etc. Part time and consistent effort but completely doable. Residual income is out there, you just have to be open minded and look. The problem I see is the institionalizing of people into thinking a 9-5 is the ONLY way. [Insert your profession's normal work hours].
        You sir, are entirely correct. Our generation is entirely fucking over future generations by making all these kids think that the only choice they have is a college degree. Kids these days have no desire to learn any skills with their hands...it's unfortunate, and further contributing to the demise of the US Society.
        70' Chevelle RagTop
        (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Oilfield $$$ $$$$!
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

100k isn't what 100k used to be...

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
              100k isn't what 100k used to be...
              That ain't no shit!

Comment

There are lots of people down here who do very well at petrochemical plants. If you are willing to work a lot of overtime, you can make really good money. I know guys who are making close to $200k without a degree. TONS of overtime though.
                2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

You can get into a 300k home making 60k annually depending on your debt.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
                    That's what I was thinking, $300k isn't a lot of house.

That aside, $100k a year is not a lot, considering a dual-income household.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
                      Very true. One of my analysts at work is about to close on a $1.35M fixer upper house in Highland Park. He is stretching and he probably won't be able to sleep at night for a year or two but he can manage it. Debt is super easy to get right now. Personally I don't like it and do my best not to have any at all.

As for the high paying blue collar jobs, there are plenty in skilled trades that fit the bill. My brother works at the GM plant in Arlinton as a Millwright and I am sure he makes $35 an hour, maybe more. And he has been working 7 twelve hour shifts a week for years. Anything over 80 is double time and holidays are triple time but they make him sit there even if nothing needs to be fixed.
                      Last edited by Broncojohnny; 12-21-2016, 07:08 PM.
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

My wife makes well over 100k a year cutting hair.
                        You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                          Working for another person at a blue collar job rarely gets you 6 figures but it is very easy if you work for yourself.
                          This/\

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
                            My wife makes well over 100k a year cutting hair.
                            My ex cut hair too, she didn't make that much, but I was surprised on what she did. A lot of her friends who were also hair dressers made over 100k.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

I just found out how much my girlfriend paid for her house that she just bought. $278,xxx. I was REALLY shocked at the price. I have been looking at prices in Irving and they are crazy for ugly houses. Hope i found something super nice for a good price again.

Comment

Originally posted by emg View Post
                                My ex cut hair too, she didn't make that much, but I was surprised on what she did. A lot of her friends who were also hair dressers made over 100k.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

15-30 a pop and those that are good can run 3-5 people through an hour......yeah barbers (hair dressers) have been making bank for years.

Comment

Working...
                                X