New wheels for the fastback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
    You will have it "low enough" when you can push a Dr Pepper can down the street.
    My dad told me that when he was in the 'scene' in SoCal, cops used to use a cigarette pack to measure, to ensure they weren't 'too low'. If the pack didn't fit under it you got a ticket.

Comment

too low ??????? i'm so confused .

Comment

Looks great!
        70' Chevelle RagTop
        (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Those look great. I hope the custom wheels I ordered for my car look as nice on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            I was disappointed he didn't at least use a Benjamin!
            No shit!

And how do you keep it on while driving?

Looks really good!

Comment

Those are slick and very nice car. Any tips on how to plan for and order custom wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                Those are slick and very nice car. Any tips on how to plan for and order custom wheels?
                get on forums and facebook groups, order the same custom wheels that everyone else is.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Hell. Yes.

That looks awesome

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                    Stock-ish. It's got a beefier sway bar and some polyurethane bushings, 1 inch drop springs and KYB shocks. The real issue is that it's been 20 years since I redid the suspension and now it's all worn out. I have most of the parts to rebuild, and while I'm at it I'm dropping the upper control arm an inch for improved geometry which also lowers the car a half inch or so, and adding an improved spring saddle that rotates more freely. This should all be happening in the next month or two.

For the rear, I'm considering restacking the leaves and/or having them de-arched to drop the rear some. It's always sat too damn high in the back. The front isn't so bad, but like I said, these pics are straight off of the jack stands so it's a little pigeon toe'd at the moment.

You are in the same boat that I was about 4 to 5 years ago. My suspension was soft and worn out.

I did the GT350 drop, installed new KYB shocks front and rear, 620LB front springs with half a coil cut.

For the rear I went with 5 leaf, reverse-eye road racing leaf springs from MustangsPlus. The car is so stiff, I love it. Does not feel like a 51 year old car. And the stance is just perfect. There is barely any wheel gap and I do not rub because of the stiff suspension. I also installed the shocktower brace and a monte carlo bar.

It will be a night/day diffrence when you are done.

Comment

Nice update.

mardyn

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                          get on forums and facebook groups, order the same custom wheels that everyone else is.
                          That's pretty much true. There's a great wheel/tire fitment guide for classic Mustangs floating around. The thing is, almost anything that isn't Torq Thrust style almost seems unique at this point on these cars.

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                          You are in the same boat that I was about 4 to 5 years ago. My suspension was soft and worn out.

I did the GT350 drop, installed new KYB shocks front and rear, 620LB front springs with half a coil cut.

For the rear I went with 5 leaf, reverse-eye road racing leaf springs from MustangsPlus. The car is so stiff, I love it. Does not feel like a 51 year old car. And the stance is just perfect. There is barely any wheel gap and I do not rub because of the stiff suspension. I also installed the shocktower brace and a monte carlo bar.

It will be a night/day diffrence when you are done.
                          Yeah, I have Mustangs Plus standard eye leaves on it and it's too stiff for my taste. Clearance shouldn't be a problem no matter how low I end up going on the rear.

Comment

Nice shoes

Comment

Really appreciate the feedback y'all.

Drove it a bit yesterday and it settled quite nicely. The front end will still go down a bit with the suspension work but this is surely better.

Before:

After:

Comment

Did your dog piss on the wheel ?
                                Car is awesome btw.

Comment

Working...
                                X