My $3,000 Van..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My $3,000 Van..

I've been making more progress on the van, and currently working on the interior, but figured I would start a thread since I hadn't last year..

Long term plan was to convert it to 4wd, but she actually did well last year in CO with 2wd, so I'm now just looking at doing gears and an LSD in the rear, eventually adding a winch on front. I think I may end up selling it in the winter and looking for an ambulance (van cutaway), and convert that to 4wd instead.

Here are a couple quick exterior shots for comparison, but I'll add more pics and updates in the near future..

I'll be painting the front an rear bumpers, as well as the lower rockers, satin black to match the fenders.. I also have spacers for the rear on the way.. Should look a little better then.
    Attached Files

BTW.. Just added the $3,000 to the title, as that's how much I paid for this last year.. I have put about 13,000 miles on it so far, and it's been great. Two big road trips so far, one at around 3,000 miles, and another at about 4,500. I'm about to take her out to CA next week, then we're going to CO again in late July, so that should be another 6,500 miles in the next month or so!

Comment

got any candy or rape in that motherfucker?

pretty much okay with either.

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
        got any candy or rape in that motherfucker?

pretty much okay with either.
        Ass, Grass or Cash.. Nobody rides for free!

Comment

Looking good man!

Comment

Hey guys i am selling my tow rig. 2003 Ford E 450 van ambulance conversion to RV 7.3 liter turbo diesel with 139,875 miles Pass through camper box Vanner power inverter 100 watt solar power 3 batteries Tv with dvd AC to plug into camp site or generator (has soft start BOOST SPP6) New tires...

Comment

How early do you have to get to the playground to get the good parking spot? Asking for a friend...

I've seen some 4x4 Amberlamps, look for one of those, then the hard part is done for you.
              G'Day Mate

Comment

Are you camping in it? I wanted to do a camperlance but then I thought about how many people probably died in them and it creeped me out.

Comment

Just going by the second pic it seems like it might look better with more tire. What engine does it have?

I want to build a late 70s crew cab Ford for rednecks with paychecks type shit. I want a procharged big block and holley EFI with a stick shift and I want to run it on E85.
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                    Are you camping in it? I wanted to do a camperlance but then I thought about how many people probably died in them and it creeped me out.
                    generally speaking people aren't dying too often in an ambulances

Comment

That's the idea, but I would do the conversion so that I get what I want..

Originally posted by BP View Post
                      Yep, camping / roadtripping.. We did 8 days in CO last summer, and I took it up to WA (through NM, UT, ID, CA and NV) in the fall to pick up my Nova.

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      Just going by the second pic it seems like it might look better with more tire. What engine does it have?

I want to build a late 70s crew cab Ford for rednecks with paychecks type shit. I want a procharged big block and holley EFI with a stick shift and I want to run it on E85.
                      It does need more tire.. It has 30x10.50/15 and I will probably put 33x12.50's soon. I also have 2" wheel spacers for the rear, and putting them more in-line with the fronts.

It's just the 4.6 motor, so nothing special but they seem to be pretty reliable. And not too expensive to replace, if needed. I noticed it could use more gear, last year, so when I get the bigger tires I'll probably upgrade from the 3.55's, probably to 4.10's. Also needs an LSD at minimum, but I may do a proper locker.

Comment

4:30 with 35 on a 4.6 would do awesome.

Sweet rig!

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                          4:30 with 35 on a 4.6 would do awesome.

Sweet rig!
                          I was thinking 4.56 if / when I complete the 4x4 swap and go to 35's..

Comment

What all does the swap entail?
                            G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                              What all does the swap entail?
                              Essentially, all the suspension and axles, add transfer case, and the supporting modifications to run / adapt the new equipment.. most of the stuff can be obtained from a combination of late 90's and early 2000's f250 / f350..

Pretty entailed but mostly bolt on, with just a couple simple welding tasks (spring hangers mainly).

Comment

Working...
                              X