Macbook Pro frozen... Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macbook Pro frozen... Help!

I have a Macbook Pro that I bought new in 2007 I think. Last night it froze/went to gray screen/spinning pinwheel death. I have powered off/on and will come on and continue with the spinning pinwheel screen constantly. Any "tricks" I can do to get it working, or should I just take it to Apple?

TIA

Throw it away and buy a PC! jk, but I'd probably just take it to apple.

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
      Throw it away and buy a PC! jk, but I'd probably just take it to apple.
      Ha! I have been using Macs for a looooooooong time and this is only the 2nd time I have had one crash. I do a lot of deisgn work on them, or I would probably just use a PC for everything else. I am on a PC all day at work. I still favor the Mac's.

Comment

Microwave on high for 6 minutes

Jk
        Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

put your snow leopard disc in, hold c at boot up repair permissions.

ediT: if your drive isn't detected, remove the bottom panel and reseat the sata connector is funny sometimes.
          Last edited by roliath; 05-05-2011, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
            Ha! I have been using Macs for a looooooooong time and this is only the 2nd time I have had one crash.

Same here. Just had to replace my mid-2007 MacBook because of a fried logic board. The upside is that this new MacBook Pro is fuckin rad!

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
              Same here. Just had to replace my mid-2007 MacBook because of a fried logic board. The upside is that this new MacBook Pro is fuckin rad!
              Does it get real hot? I have been eyeballing macbook pro's although Im probably not baller enough to afford one but I hear they run stupid hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                Does it get real hot? I have been eyeballing macbook pro's although Im probably not baller enough to afford one but I hear they run stupid hot.
                Not at all. Not sure where you might have heard that, but mine's nice and cool.

I don't know about baller, I was cussing up and down over having to buy a laptop after 4 years (lol), but simply put, that's a good life span for a computer.That said, my little MacBook was humming along with nary a hiccup before it decided to blow it's brains out.

There are many layers to a Mac vs PC argument, and I truly believe it depends on the user. There are PC rigs that will do things a Mac never could, but that's not what I need.

I'm a designer, so my roots are based on Macs, and each and every one I've owned has been a quality piece of hardware, though to be honest, I buy for the OS, not the hardware or for how pretty it is. (and this mofo is pretty as hell)

This one will last me a good, long time, and it'll be worth every penny.

Comment

My sister just replace her older MBP with a 2011 model and was telling me how hot it was and sometimes it got hot enough to where she couldnt even sit it in her lap. It got me looking and alot of people ask about it. Just google "2011 macbook pro runs hot" and youll see quite a few threads about it.

As far as the baller comment, my discounted price on a 15" MBP with apple care is over $2k, thats expensive for any laptop. I would really like one though so we will see.

Comment

i just got my pro 13" and dont have any heat poblems

Comment

sigpic

Comment

all in good fun

Comment

My Macbook Pro would get very hot sometimes, and hot enough to where I wouldnt want to hold it. Mainly when it was on most of the day, but still way too hot. And they are damn expensive, but I use mine for a lot of side work that makes it worth it. I paid $2200 for mine in 2007, with an additional $300 for AppleCare Warranty - which is 3 years worth.

Thanks for the help guys, but nothing has worked so far. Going to take it to Apple and see what they say. Might just have to spring for a new one.

Comment

Working...
                          X