Jury Duty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jury Duty

So I got called in for jury duty on Monday. I had never been asked before, so I just figured I would be in and out. I actually got picked. Trial started today. Can't officially speak of the trial yet, but it is pretty interesting so far.

Anyone else ever actually have to serve on a jury?

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
    So I got called in for jury duty on Monday. I had never been asked before, so I just figured I would be in and out. I actually got picked. Trial started today. Can't officially speak of the trial yet, but it is pretty interesting so far.

Anyone else ever actually have to serve on a jury?
    Civil or criminal?

Comment

I'm batting .500. Been called in 4 times and served on 2 juries. All criminal too.
      92 LX 5.0

Comment

Served on a jury for a civil trial. I was never so bored in my life.
        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
        George Orwell

Comment

Jury duty can be fun! The first one a civil case ended with a settlement. We the jury were ready to throw the gal off the roof to insure she was injured.

I also paid cash for the birth of my 2nd. son by taking flakes to small claims court. If you think Judge Judy is funny go sit in on small claims court someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
            Civil or criminal?
            Criminal

Comment

Criminal
              Smooth Criminal?

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                Smooth Criminal?
                Haha, nope.

Comment

I've never been picked to be on a jury, but I would love to be. It would be cool to see how it works on the other side of the jury box. People usually don't want lawyers on the jury panel though.

Comment

Unless I get the Jury Summons registered mail, I don't go. Haven't received one registered mail yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Gear_Jammer View Post
                      I've never been picked to be on a jury, but I would love to be. It would be cool to see how it works on the other side of the jury box. People usually don't want lawyers on the jury panel though.
                      Haha, I could understand that. They actually questioned me about a few things because I have lawyers in my family. It is interesting to see how it actually happens, as opposed to what is portrayed in TV/film.

Comment

yea i have been on a jury once and it ended up to be a 4 day trial. it was pretty interesting to do a least once.

Comment

Update: We reached a verdict today. This was a murder trial, we found the defendant not guilty.

This was a very interesting experience, and I totally feel we made the right decision.

Comment

Criminal
                            be sure and find out what his DFW(M)S screen name is before you convict him.

**edit**i didn't read post #13
                            95 Rio Red Cobra#3881

http://www.bborr.com/2013/2013results.html#115

Comment

I almost got on a jury involving the death penalty... Got the boot though

Saw in the paper some time later... guilty, and got the death penalty. Killed his 6 year old son by beating him with a flash light. He just looked guilty to me.
                              Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Working...
                              X