Jury Duty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by openroadracer View Post
    be sure and find out what his DFW(M)S screen name is before you convict him.

**edit**i didn't read post #13
    lulz!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SC457A View Post
      I almost got on a jury involving the death penalty... Got the boot though

Saw in the paper some time later... guilty, and got the death penalty. Killed his 6 year old son by beating him with a flash light. He just looked guilty to me.
      Man, that would of been hard to deal with. Emotionally draining I am sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
        Update: We reached a verdict today. This was a murder trial, we found the defendant not guilty.

This was a very interesting experience, and I totally feel we made the right decision.
        What was the crucial piece o evidence that lead y'all to find him not guilty?

Comment

Originally posted by Gear_Jammer View Post
          What was the crucial piece o evidence that lead y'all to find him not guilty?
          Lack of evidence is what it was. There was nothing that directly linked the defendant to the crime. The state failed to convince us that he was guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by cannon88 View Post
            so i got called in for jury duty on monday. I had never been asked before, so i just figured i would be in and out. i actually got picked. trial started today. Can't officially speak of the trial yet, but it is pretty interesting so far.

Anyone else ever actually have to serve on a jury?
            thats cuz your dumb. You have plenty of opportunity to tell them that numerous things that would of got you out of it. Enjoy that couple bucks they pay ya

Comment

Originally posted by BUFFALOHALTOM View Post
              thats cuz your dumb. You have plenty of opportunity to tell them that numerous things that would of got you out of it. Enjoy that couple bucks they pay ya
              Yeah, you are right. I am an idiot for not lying to get out of it. I really didn't mind. Hell, I am 31 years old and this is the first time I have ever been summoned, not really a big deal or a big inconvenience to me. I found it very interesting. They pay $6 for the first day, and $40 per day after that. So, I got $86 for doing something I had to do. I will take it. Being salary and not getting docked is just an added bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by cannon88 View Post
                yeah, you are right. I am an idiot for not lying to get out of it. I really didn't mind. Hell, i am 31 years old and this is the first time i have ever been summoned, not really a big deal or a big inconvenience to me. I found it very interesting. They pay $6 for the first day, and $40 per day after that. So, i got $86 for doing something i had to do. I will take it. Being salary and not getting docked is just an added bonus.
                yeah im not saying you are an idiot. Im saying that what you did was idiotic. Just lie and get out of it. Our judicial system is a joke, police are in place to raise revenue for cities, attorneys are there to blow each other and then go to lunch together afterward while you're life is up in the air, and judges are simply looking in the past at previous interpretations of the law by those before him and attempt to apply a constitution that is often outdated for said cases. Ftp and ftjs (judical system)

Comment

Yeah, you are right. I am an idiot for not lying to get out of it. I really didn't mind. Hell, I am 31 years old and this is the first time I have ever been summoned, not really a big deal or a big inconvenience to me. I found it very interesting. They pay $6 for the first day, and $40 per day after that. So, I got $86 for doing something I had to do. I will take it. Being salary and not getting docked is just an added bonus.
                  You're the kind of person that I love to be on the jury in one of my trials. You actually grasp the concept that you have a "civic duty" in society and aren't just running through life trying to find the what will help only you.

Comment

Originally posted by BUFFALOHALTOM View Post
                    yeah im not saying you are an idiot. Im saying that what you did was idiotic. Just lie and get out of it. Our judicial system is a joke, police are in place to raise revenue for cities, attorneys are there to blow each other and then go to lunch together afterward while you're life is up in the air, and judges are simply looking in the past at previous interpretations of the law by those before him and attempt to apply a constitution that is often outdated for said cases. Ftp and ftjs (judical system)
                    You sir, have absolutely no clue how the legal system works based on all of that trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Gear_Jammer View Post
                      You're the kind of person that I love to be on the jury in one of my trials. You actually grasp the concept that you have a "civic duty" in society and aren't just running through life trying to find the what will help only you.
                      To be honest, I felt privileged to be there.

Comment

For some reason you never get picked being a cop....WTF is that.... Everyone is GUILTY!!!

Comment

The one time I was called I was working out of the country. Would like to do it some day to see how it really works in a true court room.
                          I think his point is that the fish got low balled, fucked in the catfish asshole and you paid half price. The worst part was the fish explaining to his fish friends why his asshole smelled like redneck

Comment

Originally posted by houstondallas View Post
                            For some reason you never get picked being a cop....WTF is that.... Everyone is GUILTY!!!
                            No one is guilty in Shawshank.

Comment

Lack of evidence is what it was. There was nothing that directly linked the defendant to the crime. The state failed to convince us that he was guilty.
                              But did your heart tell you he was guilty?

Was there another reasonable suspect?

Comment

Originally posted by houstondallas View Post
                                I got a jury summons once.

It was for 8am and I got off work at 6am. It wasn't worth driving home and then fighting rush hour traffic back, so I stayed and took a work car (so I could find parking).

The clerk tried to chew my ass for showing up in uniform. I told her that I had just gotten off of work, and if she didn't like it, I'd leave. I was dismissed and never had to go back.

It sucks pulling a mid then going to court on "normal people time"....

Comment

Working...
                                X