2017 Dodge 2500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Dodge 2500

Been kicking around the idea of trading in my 2016 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4X4 in for a 2017 Dodge 2500 Crew Cab 4X4 Diesel. Been seeing the Tradesmen series, nothing fancy for about $40K with all the discounts. I owe about $32K on my truck. KBB trade in value is between $32K-$36K. Any of you fellas own a newer Dodge 2500?

Why?

I mean, what is motivating you to change? Just curious as I think the Toyota is going to hold it's value way better than the Dodge. And it's dash probably won't crumble in a few years.

Comment

^That.
      The newer dodges still have their old issues:
      -crappy dash
      -front end falls apart
      -transmission dies

Get a Ford or GM truck if you do.
      The 6.7 PSD is an absolute beast.
      Originally posted by Buzzo
      Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
        ^That.
        The newer dodges still have their old issues:
        -crappy dash
        -front end falls apart
        -transmission dies
        No.

My Ram hasn't had a single issue. Inside or out. It's my daily and I tow with it on occasion. Definitely, no transmission issues. Same results with my Aunt's '13 Laramie Quad Cab.

I think Bcoop also has a Ram and has been trouble free as well.

4th Gen Rams are night and day different than the previous model years.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
          No.

My Ram hasn't had a single issue. Inside or out. It's my daily and I tow with it on occasion. Definitely, no transmission issues. Same results with my Aunt's '13 Laramie Quad Cab.

I think Bcoop also has a Ram and has been trouble free as well.

4th Gen Rams are night and day different than the previous model years.
          My co-workers 4th gen ram 4x4 has been in the shop more times than I can count.

Comment

My family has 8 Rams (all 1500's) that range from 2004-2015. 2 have over 200k miles on them and not one of them have had a valve cover off. The only repair that any of them have had was fuel pumps on both trucks that have over 200k miles and a water pump on one of those.

Comment

The new dodges might as well not be compared to the old ones. Build quality is so much better.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I only sell 4x4 trucks and I can't get rid of a Tundra but my Dodge Diesels do not last long at all. The new ones are really nice, nothing wrong with a tradesmen at all

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                  Why?

I mean, what is motivating you to change? Just curious as I think the Toyota is going to hold it's value way better than the Dodge. And it's dash probably won't crumble in a few years.
                  Only reason I'm kicking around the idea is due to having to haul my tractor more often than I was planning to and from our ranches a couple of hours away. The Tundra has no problem hauling it but the gas mileage is crap when towing.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                    My co-workers 4th gen ram 4x4 has been in the shop more times than I can count.
                    3 or more times really isn't that many.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                      3 or more times really isn't that many.
                      Thanks for giving me credit... but you know for a fact I can count up to potato.

Comment

I tend to be a ford truck guy but after working at a dodge dealership I can say the new dodges have come a long way from previous years. The interiors are very nice, the hemi is a very tough engine (yall should see some of the ones that come in), the transmissions are still not that great, our trans guy rebuilds them daily, but being we are in a small country town, we see probably 80% trucks come through and have about 90% trucks on the lot. The biggest issues I see are if you get a high trim package, the electronics have issues. Ie radios die a lot, seat tracks, key fobs etc. Chrysler is really good about recalling issues though, I had a truck in the other day that had 9 recalls on it...

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                          I tend to be a ford truck guy but after working at a dodge dealership I can say the new dodges have come a long way from previous years. The interiors are very nice, the hemi is a very tough engine (yall should see some of the ones that come in), the transmissions are still not that great, our trans guy rebuilds them daily, but being we are in a small country town, we see probably 80% trucks come through and have about 90% trucks on the lot. The biggest issues I see are if you get a high trim package, the electronics have issues. Ie radios die a lot, seat tracks, key fobs etc. Chrysler is really good about recalling issues though, I had a truck in the other day that had 9 recalls on it...
                          Good to hear this. After owning my 2005 4X4 Cummins for 12 years, 168,000 miles and no real issues, I picked up a 2016 SLT 4X4 Cummins last month with none of that fancy bullshit on it, it doesn't even have power seats. The transmission is a night and day difference compared to the old 48RE and the truck gets 19-20 mpg stock.
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                            The new dodges might as well not be compared to the old ones. Build quality is so much better.
                            This....people who say the new Dodges are junk like the early ones have never driven or probably haven't even riden in one. Friend of mine has a 12' Larime mega cab 3500 with all the bells and whistles, 145k on it and not a single non-maintenance issue to date. He's got me thinking of a Cummings and giving up on a Power choke.

Comment

Plan on ruining the warranty by deleting all of the emissions and DEF as soon as you get it. Those motors aren't lasting the way they were pre emissions.

Talking completely out of my ass from the few farmers at work who've owned plenty of them and know guys who use them in fleets. Say they aren't even worth keeping after 150k miles.

Why would you want such an expensive truck to maintain when you have the 1/2 ton that holds value than any other truck on the road?

Comment

Working...
                              X