Six figure blue collar jobs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six figure blue collar jobs?

I live in a small neighborhood with 1ac lots, it's pretty new and the last few houses are going up now. A bunch of my neighbors seem to have blue collar jobs and I was thinking damn, what am I doing wrong, the new houses going up are 300k+ and they are putting up shops, etc. Are six figure blue collar jobs quite common these days? One of them drives a heavy 18 wheeler that pulls oversize trailers, another is an electrician, etc
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Debt...some people live the life style! I prefer to live well below my means.

It seems some people now are skipping retirement plans in favor of buying a house that is well above affordable, thinking it is their retirement. When we built our house in Fort Worth most of our neighbors were in that boat. Most had huge house payments, 2 car payments (equal to a house payment) and at least a couple of kids. If one of them missed a single paycheck I bet they would be flat broke.
    Last edited by 1carcrazyguy; 12-21-2016, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
      I live in a small neighborhood with 1ac lots, it's pretty new and the last few houses are going up now. A bunch of my neighbors seem to have blue collar jobs and I was thinking damn, what am I doing wrong, the new houses going up are 300k+ and they are putting up shops, etc. Are six figure blue collar jobs quite common these days? One of them drives a heavy 18 wheeler that pulls oversize trailers, another is an electrician, etc
      A good team can pull in 250k a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Can't Make His Tee Time View Post
        Electricians charge $100/hr.
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Solo, and he works for a company

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
          Electricians charge $100/hr.
          Works for the man, probably getting shafted on that.
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Some people are really good with making extra money

A person I know well ..

Bought his 1st house in 1995 --$95000

With 1.2 acres, nice lot, decent house built in the mid 70's

Built a large Morton bld in 98 --30x40

paid it all off by 2008

..sold house to house mover for 30000

built a new house for 449,000 ..just the house, very nice

has it almost paid off , think he is about 30000 short right now

Nice place, he is not the kind of person to buy you a beer however

Comment

Train drivers make more money than anyone.

Comment

Where do the wives work?

Comment

Working for another person at a blue collar job rarely gets you 6 figures but it is very easy if you work for yourself.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                    Where do the wives work?
                    Truth.

Add in that home prices have gone up, so there's a lot of folks with a decent amount of equity. In my case, I could walk away with over 100k if I sold, and that would make a 300k+ house easier to get into.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                      Where do the wives work?
                      Funny you mention that, I know someone who unabashedly admits he has his job (making maybe 40k) and 4 kids that live comfortably because his wife takes in $150,000/yr. he was given the option to be a stay at home dad but really likes his job, so his paycheck takes care of kids/basic bills. They do well.
                      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                      dont downshift!!

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                        Funny you mention that, I know someone who unabashedly admits he has his job (making maybe 40k) and 4 kids that live comfortably because his wife takes in $150,000/yr. he was given the option to be a stay at home dad but really likes his job, so his paycheck takes care of kids/basic bills. They do well.
                        Why would someone be ashamed to have a wife that does well?

Comment

Plumbers charge 70 to 120 an hour and they dig in shit all day. Doesn't get anymore blue collar than that

Comment

Why would someone be ashamed to have a wife that does well?
                            It's not so much as being ashamed as he has the benefit of working what some would consider a very pedestrian, how-do-you-afford-all-that job that he works simply because he wants to work it. There's a lot of stigma involved for some folks when the wife makes a terrific income. In his case he could literally not work and she would be OK with it.
                            dont downshift!!

Comment

If I ever get divorced, im gonna marry for money.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X