Very important question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very important question..

Who wants to break quarantine to come hang out at my shop for a day and teach me about carbs? :O

I know didly about tuning / rebuilding them, which is silly considering my Nova has two! Lol

They haven't really run right since I reaquired it (bogging under hard acceleration) and now it looks like the float in the rear one may be stuck. Started it for the first time in a month and it was dripping a good amount of fuel out the passenger side. O tried the tapping it with a hammer, which always seems to work on Roadkill, but no dice. :P

What ever happened to those Crown Royal Cruiser guys? Bet a couple of them could help!

Sweet potatoes over french fries, your welcome.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

It just sounds to me like a bad accelerator pump. Just put in a carb rebuild kit or change the carb all together. It could also be a adjustment problem. I would help you out, but my wife won't let me leave the house..lol

What type of carb are we talking about?

Comment

I can come do a burnout in front of your shop with the Buick, maybe that will inspire your carb to start acting properly. But I'm not the guy to tune it for you.
        best bet is to hit the youtube and google, or install efi.

Comment

Maybe we could have a lunch-n-learn GTG.

I'm putting two 750DPs on the boat and I'm not quite sure how to sync them properly.
          G'Day Mate

Comment

Only thing I know about carbs is they are delicious.

Comment

The most basic setting that can cause that would be setting the float levels correctly. Other things would be excessive fuel pressure or debris in the needle and seat. Smacking the carb only usually works for a no start if the needle and seat are stuck shut.

Assuming you can get it to start and warm up (taking choke out of the equation) float levels are easy to check, especially if you have glass sight plugs. If those are good the next thing to check would be for a leaking/blown power valve. If you can run the idle mixture screws all the way in and it doesn't make a difference that's probably your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                Sweet potatoes over french fries, your welcome.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

May I ask what set-up you have?

Comment

Youtube has some GREAT videos on carb stuff. I followed one step by step to rebuild an odd ball Holley. Came out great

Comment

Sorry guys, haven't been online much! They're Holley 4bbl, not sure which. I'll get some up close pics next time I go up there (probably tomorrow). They are sitting on a tunnel ram, atop a 383 Stroker. Not sure of the cam or heads either, but it does have some lope.

I'm sure I'm going to have to breakdown and start youtubing it, just hadn't really had the time trying to get the woodworking thing going, and thought a coupe people may want to get out and hang out / drink some beers and walk me through them.
                      Last edited by Chili; 04-29-2020, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Actually, here's a pic my dad sent me before I picked it up.. But I'll still get better ones. The rear carb is leaking fuel from the passenger side when it's running.

Attached Files

Comment

Rebuild kits are relatively cheap and easy to do. I rebuilt the 750's on my boat for $100.

Those look like single feed 4160 style carbs, even easier as there is no secondary metering plate.

Are the vacuum pods tied together with a piece of vacuum hose?

Youtube and a couple beers and they'll be good as new.

If I wasn't pushing to get the boat on the water in the next week I'd come lend a hand.
                          G'Day Mate

Comment

Hit up Jason Wade.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Working...
                            X