Hatch green chili season is here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatch green chili season is here.

I look forward to this every year. While they may not be hot " at least by my standards they aren't" but they have a great flavor and work well with pretty much everything.

Anyone else use them or have any recipes for them?
    I use them in breakfast tacos, potatoes, stuff them with shrimp, sometimes a crab mixture.
    put them in burgers, all kinds of things.

I always load up on the Allsups Hatch chimichangas when they're available.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I have always heard how good these are but never had them. Where can I acquire some?
      Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the next day?
      -Fred Sanford

Comment

Central market usually has a good selection and you can buy them roasted.

Comment

How about someone posting some recipes. I love chilis but never actually cooked them myself

Comment

Originally posted by oh1bullitt View Post
            I have always heard how good these are but never had them. Where can I acquire some?
            The next few weekends Central Market has their Hatch fest going on.
            They roast them and make all kinds of stuff with them.
            They have recipe cards all over the store so you can just about anything you want.

Friday night I got some and stuffed them with shrimp, wrapped with bacon and threw them on the smoker while my ribs were cooking. Damn they were awesome.

Comment

Most people don't know, but Anaheim peppers are pretty much the same thing as Hatch chiles, but only about 1/2 the heat due to climate, soil, etc.

I use Anaheims in my tortilla soup, so Hatches are a nice kick up in heat.

Hatches are pretty good if you're making gringo/Tex-Mex style fajitas. Slice them up and throw them in the pan with your bell pepper and onion, or vegetarian fajitas, at that. Slice them up with some portobellos, zucchini, black beans, etc.

Dice it up, throw it in your taco meat. Dice up a little extra, throw it in your queso with some of the taco meat.

Chile Relleno

Roast them on your grill, your gas stove, or in a very lightly coated cast iron skillet if you have neither. Make salsa.

Dice them up with some finely dice onion. Cook them with hamburger meat and make some spiced up Sloppy Joes.

Slice very thin and stuff into a butterflied shrimp along with some Jack cheese. Wrap in bacon. Grill or smoke.

Dice finely and mix them in your cheese enchiladas.

Grill/roast, dice very finely. Throw on top of a burger on the grill. Cover with Colby Jack cheese.

Or you could just go to Chuy's. The celebrate the Hatch like no other.

Comment

TTT
                It's time again!!!

Comment

Whole foods is putting that shit in everything right now! I'm about to eat a grilled cheese sandwich made with hatch green chili pimento cheese.

Comment

Just went to Central Mkt, got 2 types of bread, chocolate cookies, tortilla chips, popcorn, grilled hatch peppers (using to make beef jerky), chicken tamales, chocolate candy bar, corn muffins, humis, 5 jars of queso, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Spent over $100 on shit!

I'll probably gain 15 lbs during Hacth Season, I love that shit!

Taking a bunch to work, nobody in my office has heard of hatch peppers... sad

Edit: Also got some hatch pound cake. It looks fucking tasty!
                    Last edited by yellowstang; 08-10-2016, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Somebody ate all the fucking bread so I have to postpone my grilled cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                        Somebody ate all the fucking bread so I have to postpone my grilled cheese.
                        Who the fuck makes a grilled pimento cheese sammich?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                          Who the fuck makes a grilled pimento cheese sammich?
                          You're missing out!

Comment

That pound cake was insanely delicious! Lemon icing and chunks of hatch in the dough. Mmmm mmmm mmmm good!

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                              You're missing out!
                              I"ll try anything once, but that has never even crossed my mind. Does the cheese melt?

Comment

Working...
                              X