Officer says FTP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer says FTP?

..and loses. Ain't that a bitch? If this had been in Texas, it wouldn't have ever happened since the age of consent is 17.

SANTA MARIA, Calif. (AP) — A police officer under investigation for sexual misconduct with a teenage minor was shot and killed while on duty by fellow officers Saturday as they tried to arrest him on California's central coast, authorities said.

The officer was manning a DUI checkpoint when the shooting occurred shortly after 1 a.m. He was declared dead after emergency surgery at Marian Medical Center, Santa Maria police Chief Danny Macagni said in a statement.

The officer, a four-year Santa Maria department veteran, had just learned of the internal investigation of an alleged sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl, and it became necessary to arrest him immediately, Macagni said.

"We had no choice," Macagni said in video of an afternoon news conference posted by KCOY-TV. He said investigators had evidence "that demanded that we go out and take this officer off the street immediately."

Supervising officers were sent to make a felony arrest, but he struggled with them when they arrived, first putting up a physical fight, then firing his gun but hitting no one, Macagni said.

"He chose to resist, he drew his weapon, a fight ensued, he fired his weapon," the chief said.

Several officers came to help the police making the arrest, and one of them shot the suspected officer in the chest once, Macagni said.

Detectives had begun investigating the alleged relationship on Thursday night, and minutes before the shooting had confirmed that an "inappropriate" and "very explicit" relationship had been going on, Macagni said.

He said he could not give details because of the sensitivity of the investigation, but "there was some witness intimidation involved" and the arrest couldn't wait for a more proper time or place.

"The information that we had in hand demanded that we not let him leave that scene, get in a car, drive somewhere, it would put the public at risk," Macagni said at the news conference. "We just did not know what was going to happen, we did not expect him to react the way that he did."

Macagni said police had expressed condolences to the officer's family.
    The officer who fired the fatal shot, an eight-year department veteran, has been placed on administrative leave, and the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department was investigating the shooting, Macagni said.

The name of the officer killed has not been released because some family members were still being notified, and the name of the officer who fired the shot was withheld while the incident was under investigation, police said.
    Santa Maria is a city of some 100,000 people about 60 miles northwest of Santa Barbara and 160 miles northwest of downtown Los Angeles.

Holy shit! I'm assuming the age of consent in California is 18?
    Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
      Holy shit! I'm assuming the age of consent in California is 18?

It would appear so. I'm visualizing the people at the DUI checkpoint (BULLSHIT!!!) watching cops have a big shootout with each other and what that looked like. So many things wrong in that article.

Comment

damn!

i don't even fuck with 18/19yr olds because of the bullshit drama.. and they are legal! why the fuck would anyone want to fuck with an illegal ditsy high school bitch?!

Comment

^ that's what I'm thinking. Probably went down like the scene in "the town".
          Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

^i dont remember them fucking high school girls in the town.. i need to rewatch it

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
              ^i dont remember them fucking high school girls in the town.. i need to rewatch it
              I think he is talking about the shootout.

Get your Portable ID!

Comment

That felt like reading about an Urban Legend. A sensationalized and highly editorialized account of an event yet containing one small element of truth. They need to amend that article so it's not so transparently oozing dung between each paragraph.

Comment

When a bunch of egos collide....
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

What a dumb move, they should have called the dude in behind closed doors.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                      What a dumb move, they should have called the dude in behind closed doors.
                      No shit..
                      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                        When a bunch of egos collide....
                        Come on Al. Attitudes like this are childish. Lol
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I wonder what info they had to believe he was a grave and imminent danger to the public.

Comment

I'm not questioning the officers on site since the guy drew a weapon. However I seriously question the judgement of arresting him in the field.

You can't just wait for him to come in and arrest him at the precinct office? You can't make some BS story up to pull him away from the public? Can't just go up to him, say hey buddy, how ya doin, and taze his ass?

Just seems like a lack of common sense to me.

Comment

Criminals being criminals.
                              Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Working...
                              X