Cummins guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cummins guys

I know a lot of people on here have the Cummins, but how is it honestly in comparison with the Duramax, both 2011 models in the Dodge and the GM. Thanks.

Most of the cummins on here prefer the 5.9 over the new 6.7. But the new duramax and the new powerstrokes are a beast over the new cummins.
    2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
      Most of the cummins on here prefer the 5.9 over the new 6.7. But the new duramax and the new powerstrokes are a beast over the new cummins.
      Are they? I heard the Duramax was, but didnt know the Powerstroke was. As far as reliability how do they measure up?

Comment

Duramax>*

Comment

I'm a member on two different powerstroke forums and I have heard nothing but great things about the ford powerstroke. And my father-n-law has 9 new duramax's for his work and he loves them all. He didn't get the new ford cause it's a new motor and didn't want to have the risk of having 9 trucks to have problems but he said he will probably switch over.

The ford engine makes 400 hp and 800 tq
          The chevy engine makes 397 hp and 765 tq I believe
          And both get about 20 mpg on the highway bone stock I have read.

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

Comment

12v 5.9, 24v 5.9, 5.9 CR or the 6.7 cummins...ill take the reliability of a cummins OVER anything else in the light/medium duty class.

Ask me how I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
              12v 5.9, 24v 5.9, 5.9 CR or the 6.7 cummins...ill take the reliability of a cummins OVER anything else in the light/medium duty class.

Ask me how I know.
              How do you know?

Comment

Ask me how I know.
                My dad has a 6.7 that is a piece of shit. Nothing major, just a ton of little issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                  My dad has a 6.7 that is a piece of shit. Nothing major, just a ton of little issues.
                  That is what I hear about the 6.7. That there really isn't any major issues just a bunch of little ones to keep your truck in the shop. Hell that would piss me off more then anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
                    How do you know?
                    I wrench on all of them.

Along with

7.3L non turbo
                    7.3L ps. Aka 444e's
                    DT 466's.
                    6.0L ps aka vt365's. biggest POS EVER!
                    Almost every D max. The duramax hasn't been to bad for us.

Comment

I wrench on all of them.

Along with

7.3L non turbo
                      7.3L ps. Aka 444e's
                      DT 466's.
                      6.0L ps aka vt365's. biggest POS EVER!
                      Almost every D max. The duramax hasn't been to bad for us.
                      Where at?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        We have had a few issues as well with the 6.7, they have been a far cry from the issues that we've had with anything international puts on the market.

Comment

So you are saying the Duramax hasn't really had any issues? At least at your shop?

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                            So you are saying the Duramax hasn't really had any issues? At least at your shop?
                            We only have four of them in our fleet, one of them is our problem child. The other three are pretty good to us. We do not have any of the newest ones....yet.

Comment

The one dmax my company owned had some pretty significant issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X