Cummins guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David View Post
    If you're going to get a gasser just get a half ton.
    this
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
      Yeah but when you factor in the cost of diesel + DEF wouldnt a V8 be the safer bet on the wallet nowdays, not to mention saving money off the top from the price of the vehicle
      DEF consumption rate, at least for the 11.9 & 15 liter platform in OTR trucks, is just 2-3% of fuel. And a gallon of DEF should be just about the same cost as a gallon of diesel.

Not a bank breaker.

Comment

A fully equipped Dodge Cummins is around 52k, no DEF either. Not bad. They have improved the interiors too.

Comment

A fully equipped Dodge Cummins is around 52k, no DEF either. Not bad. They have improved the interiors too.
          Is that SLT or a Laramine?
          2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Thats a Laramie. 4WD. Only option i didnt add was the rear camera, rear entertainment, etc. And thats MSRP, you can talk down from that easily.

Comment

Thats a Laramie. 4WD. Only option i didnt add was the rear camera, rear entertainment, etc. And thats MSRP, you can talk down from that easily.
              See this is a prime example that Dodges are a lot cheaper then fords. My 2010 F-350 CC long bed SRW FX4 XLT with cloths seats power everything MSRP was 52k and some change. I got it for 38 but still a XLT is the same price as a fully loaded Dodge. See if a fully loaded Ford Lariat would come down to the same price as a Dodge then I believe more people would buy the fords cause of all the features and comfort ford offers over the dodge.

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

Comment

don't forget that the new Dodges are ugly as fuck

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  don't forget that the new Dodges are ugly as fuck
                  They don't look to bad. The interior is 100 times better then any other older models.

Comment

I disagree. I think they look a TON better than they ever have..

Comment

Forrest is an old school guy.

Comment

just not a fan of the beluga whale front end treatment...

Comment

Originally posted by Photonfanatic View Post
                          I'm just going off what I heard from a buddy who is in the biz. Sorta. But if you need proof, I'd refer you to the J.D Power reliability reports. I think the fords come in at the most reliable, then the chevys, and the dodges are a distant 3rd. Been a while since I looked at it though.
                          again, maybe u missed the point, I HAVE ALL THE TRUCKS in question, i dont need to use reports, mine are from personal experiences

Comment

Yeah. New Dodges are ugly as shit.

Comment

Originally posted by zemog View Post
                              again, maybe u missed the point, I HAVE ALL THE TRUCKS in question, i dont need to use reports, mine are from personal experiences
                              That's all fine and well, I'm just saying that other people's experiences seem to be different from yours. How would you rate the 3 trucks?

Comment

I dont drive all that much, plus I dont get the best gas mileage out of my 4Runner anyways. 16 MPG at best and its a V6.
                                Dude, knock that damned chip off of your shoulder from that junky Mustang experience you had and just go drive a new F150. I know you had a bad experience with that car, but it was just one unit out of a mass production model...do you really need to fault the entire Ford make just b/c of a bad experience with that one car? I know what you are saying and I'd totally get it if you were talking about buying another Pony car...Mustang no question for you, it's the same as I feel about any 2500/3500 Dodge built after 06'....they're junk, I know it and lived it first-hand, but that is just one out of many models...it doesn't mean I'll dismiss the whole make.

For the money you are talking about, I think you really should do yourself a favor and go drive a nice new loaded F150...you've got the time, drive one with the 5.0 or hell even a 10' with a 5.4, if you like it then wait until March/April when the Eco-Boost starts hitting lots and check it out....I think you'll be surprised. They ride like a car, they are literally silent on the inside, interior comfort and layout is like nothing else I've owned, and personally I think they are one of the best looking 1/2 tons on the market (a lot of others will agree)....couple those and several other points to something like the power and economy from tha Eco motor, and you may just find that it's right what you are looking for...without the need and/or added cost of a 3/4+ ton truck.

Just my $.02
                                70' Chevelle RagTop
                                (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Working...
                                X