Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get rich quick owning a cattle ranch?! It ain't as easy as it seems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get rich quick owning a cattle ranch?! It ain't as easy as it seems!

They shouldn't pay taxes. Like, at all. No land tax, no sales tax, no income tax. Death and taxes? Death TO taxes.
    WH

Comment

Damn good vid. I grew up on a family ranch, it's definitely more costly these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        They shouldn't pay taxes. Like, at all. No land tax, no sales tax, no income tax. Death and taxes? Death TO taxes.
        Everyone in the country should pay a sales tax since we do have shit that actually needs funding, but I agree with the rest.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
          Damn good vid. I grew up on a family ranch, it's definitely more costly these days.
          i love his youtube channel

Comment

the margins in the cattle business have gone to crap. Feed costs are crazy high.If you make money on cattle, you're doing great. I did it for the tax dodge on my land.

Comment

you can make a small fortune in cattle ranching ................. as long as you start with a large fortune .
              there is money to be made in raising cattle . good grass is a must. if you have to supplement a lot it gets expensive . i raise them for food and a savings account.

Comment

The way I see farms and ranches going - I'd rather see them given a break and try to keep that lifestyle kept here if at all possible.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                  you can make a small fortune in cattle ranching ................. as long as you start with a large fortune .
                  there is money to be made in raising cattle . good grass is a must. if you have to supplement a lot it gets expensive . i raise them for food and a savings account.
                  I know people that have inherited the business passed down through generation's! Now those guys can make some money. It's a huge gamble starting fresh in the business.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                    Everyone in the country should pay a sales tax since we do have shit that actually needs funding, but I agree with the rest.
                    Father inlaw has something like 100 cows on a ranch in oklahoma. One year half of em died. What a mess. He can't find a ranch hand worth having. Any tips on how to do that would be appreciated.
                    WH

Comment

Looks like bullshit to me!

Comment

I think his 30acres per cow is a little extreme.

Comment

Depends on land/grass quality and grazing pattern.
                          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
                            Yea my thoughts too. I’ll have a few back on my land once I get my fences fixed up. I’m currently in ag for cattle and hay.
                            "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                            http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                            Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                            Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                            http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                            www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
                              I'd put 30 cows per acre! Pack em in like chickens, or calves to make better veal.

If he really wants to make money, he needs to massage them daily, feed them grass and beer.

these are myths, I know!

Comment

Working...
                              X