1/12 2010 gt500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/12 2010 gt500

I picked this kit up super cheap at some point this year and figured I would have a go at a mostly box stock 1/12 build. Last year there were no big scale kits at the Showdown, so, I hope to change that this year.

This one will be sterling gray metallic. I will probably build it without stripes. Can anyone check and see if any of them left the factory in this color without stripes?

I'm undecided on how to finish the hood vent (proper term?), front bumper lip, and rwar spouler. I'm not sure if I want to do black or carbon fiber.

The engine is already complete, and just needs some detail. It is from a different build, but will speed things up on this one. Were blue valve covers the standard color for all cars?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

I have one of those, but the hood is warped. I'd build it if I could find a new hood.

Comment

A little heat may work. How bad is it?

Comment

I got some color on the chassis tonight. I found a Rustoleum light bronze that looked good for the exposed primer. Dusted it with some sterling gray for over spray and used a few different colors and shades to give it a little realism.

Comment

Not sure how I feel about these. I tried a black chrome look on the kit wheels. I feel tjey may be too dark. Thoughts?

Comment

doesn't look bad, but if you don't like it maybe do a gun metal wheel. I love the gunmetal wheels on my grey 15.

Comment

Pretty sure they all had blue valve covers, and the hood vent and bumper should be trim black if you want it to look original. I know stripe delete was an option, but not sure if any came out as SMG with no stripes... I'd have to think there were some though.
              Originally posted by stevo
              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                Pretty sure they all had blue valve covers, and the hood vent and bumper should be trim black if you want it to look original. I know stripe delete was an option, but not sure if any came out as SMG with no stripes... I'd have to think there were some though.
                Thanks. It shpuld be lower part of front valence, lower part of rear bumper, and side skirts all trim black correct?

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                  Thanks. It shpuld be lower part of front valence, lower part of rear bumper, and side skirts all trim black correct?

Yes, all ground effects (including front chin spoiler and lower rear valance), both upper and lower grill inserts, and hood vent are a flat trim black if going for the correct look.
                  Originally posted by stevo
                  Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                    Yes, all ground effects (including front chin spoiler and lower rear valance), both upper and lower grill inserts, and hood vent are a flat trim black if going for the correct look.
                    Thank you!

Comment

A little more work done on the GT500. Engine is in. It needs some touch ups and decals applied. Interior is painted and in the same state, needs a few touch ups and the decals applied. Interior was painyed with Tamiya TS-82 rubber black. Dash accents are model master stainless steel metalizer. I'm hoping to have this thing complete minus the body by the time I go back to work on the second. All I will need then is some good weather to clear it!

My only road block right now is temperature. I need to fire up the airbrush to spray some parts amd clear the body. I will assemble as much as possible and then wait for a day warm enough to shoot clear.

Comment

I got some color on the exhaust this morning. Stainless steel metalizer followed with alclad burnt metal sepia.

Comment

Looks incredible. It also makes you hands look YUGE.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                            Looks incredible. It also makes you hands look YUGE.
                            Lol. I need to tone down the shine on the exhaust. I used some Tamiya smoke to darken the front section and it caused it to shine :/

Comment

Amazing work as usual sir.

Comment

Working...
                              X