Draco AK-47

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draco AK-47

Trying to find (other than GunBroker) a Draco AK-47 Pistol that I will turn into an SBR.

They used to go for $350, but obviously hysteria erased that. What should they be worth in this "no gun ban looming" market?

I was allocating $700 total including tax stamp, collapsing stock, and 922r parts for the complete SBR project. Doable?

Last edited by IHaveAMustang; 04-25-2013, 11:50 AM.

They're still all crazy high, like $700 minimum.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Dracos go for big money now. These guys will convert one though:
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        Dracos go for big money now. These guys will convert one though:
        http://www.csm-w.com/products/index....31&submit=view
        I was going to do the conversion myself. Back when I had a Saiga I did conversion from sport to "assault" configuration.

Sucks, $700 for just the pistol is insane.

Comment

I like that look, though.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

i did eventually find one for about 450 like six months ago
            did the bullpup conversion on it too.
            I ended up calling it the 'spacegun' project
            it's still not totally done but it works good functional wise

cbrps.com/products , top of the page.
            no real need to SBR it too
            about the only real problem i had besides the trigger linkage was ribbed magazines.
            if the end of the mag has wide ribs around it , like the tapco plastic ones.
            20 rounders are good either style. 30rd ones to help get them in, I clearanced the bottom of the aluminum grip about 1/4", then dremeled off the plastic rib on that side of the mag. Steel 'rib back' ak mags work perfect for either 20 or 30rd , with only minor interference on an unmodded grip from CBRPS for the 30rd ones.
            Both issues were pretty easy to fix. I want to weld on a single point sling on the receiver cover, and a protective piece of steel sheet to go over the action part (attaching same way rear sight does)

Comment

AK SBR sexy.

AK Bullpup not so much.

Last I checked that pistol was marked at $800 locally. I'd like to have one, but not at that price + 2 tax stamps (sbr and supressor).

Comment

Those bullpups always look so damn junky. Are they even comfortable to shoot?

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                  Those bullpups always look so damn junky. Are they even comfortable to shoot?
                  the cbrps one is pretty much fine
                  mandatory you use a high rise on your red dot
                  and
                  mandatory that you do some trigger work ( in this case I've installed a forward slop stop, and i intend to also add a stop)

comfort is really not bad at all if you can stand a short LOP (since technically mines a pistol I cannot change this, so *important* for taller guys)

the trigger is long and different feeling, but perfectly conducive to close and up front work. I would not probably consider a bullpup for accuracy work, but this is a 12" barreled weapon so that's pretty much not happening any way.

the flame out of the front on every trigger pull can be a bit annoying , but definitely the most fun gun ive owned, and the most popular at this point.
                  also don't reach too far forward with your left hand or you might lose it (21" OAL)
                  weight is still certainly AK heavy
                  balance is definitely rear mostly

but hey it was a PDW/sub gun type of project for me. In that role it has 99% done it's job. I would only say ergonomics for mag replacement takes a little more getting used to.

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                    AK SBR sexy.

AK Bullpup not so much.

Last I checked that pistol was marked at $800 locally. I'd like to have one, but not at that price + 2 tax stamps (sbr and supressor).
                    Gun broker had em going for around $700 to $750...gonna try to snag one there, but if any of you hoes see one on TGT or THF, please, hook a white guy up.

I'll let you do a mag dump when I get it finished.

Comment

You may be able to get an m92 for less. I know mine was a couple hundred less than a draco when I bought it prepanic.
                      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1Run View Post
                        You may be able to get an m92 for less. I know mine was a couple hundred less than a draco when I bought it prepanic.
                        $960 at Impact Guns.

Comment

Working...
                        X