Took my wife shooting..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took my wife shooting..

Yesterday was a date night for me and my lovely wife. So what did we do? We went to Eagle Gun Range for the first time. This was Miyako's first time to shoot any weapon, so she fired a S&W M&P22 .22 while I tried out my hand at the Barreta PX4 Storm .40.

Damn that was fun. I think the hardest thing for Miyako was getting used to all the weapon fire going on around us. The main point of this was to get her a bit more familiar with pistols and just pulling the trigger. Surprisingly, she did quite well. Her trigger squeeze is pretty good, she just needs to work on her breathing. Still, he targeting was pretty good at 10 yards.

My biggest worry was that she would be turned off by recoil. Another reason I started her off with a .22. Next up will be a full suzed 9mm pistol to see how she fares. Then perhaps a compact or sub compact 9mm that she will be able to carry in her purse. I also need to get her into a gun safety class.

Oh, and props to Eagle Gun Range. That is a quality facility. Nice people.

Nothing like going shooting on date night! I always find it funny when people see how much fun shooting is once they actually try it.
    92 LX 5.0

Comment

The first gun my wife fired was a 9mm caracal. She liked shooting. Tell her to man up and not worry about shooting a 10mm.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
      First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fiux View Post
        The first gun my wife fired was a 9mm caracal. She liked shooting. Tell her to man up and not worry about shooting a 10mm.

You have a Caracal?
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I just got a chuckle out of the image of me telling a TINY Japanese woman to "man up".. haha

In firing that lil' .22, she has done something no one in her family has ever thought of doing.

Comment

First date with my wife was to the gun range. She put rounds down range through my FN SPR A5 .300wsm.
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

My girlfriend loves shooting. Only issue is she likes my m16 way to much. I am proud she knows what ammo to buy for everything now.

Comment

That's awesome. Hopefully she will stick with it. My wife only shoots if we are all out at my dads for a get together. She won't go out of her way to do it. My daughter on the other hand, is hooked. She literally asks me every day when are we going shooting again. Can't wait to give her the shotgun next week for her birthday. Then we can have some real fun.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                  You have a Caracal?
                  Yes. Also did not know your wife was small. My woman is 5'11"

Comment

Yes. Also did not know your wife was small. My woman is 5'11"

Damn dude! You find her in the fucking amazon?!?!?

Comment

Nice.
                      sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                      🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
                        Damn dude! You find her in the fucking amazon?!?!?
                        No. I found her in Romania.

Comment

No. I found her in Romania.

Must...

Resist...

Urge....

to make....

Joke....

That will get my ass kicked.....

Comment

I think its Russia you are mistaking it for.

Comment

I didn't know your wife was that tall, I guess I never noticed.
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                              X