Hoppe's #9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoppe's #9

I'm sitting here cleaning my shotgun and just was thinking this stuff needs to come in quart size bottles. These Damn little bottles just don't last long enough.

"It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

wipeout foaming bore cleaner. You will thank me. As much as i loved good ol hoppes this stuff is the bomb.

Comment

Agreed! Does anyone else like the smell? I do, but my wife hates it and says it gives her a headache. She has banned me from cleaning my guns in the bedroom because of it.
      92 LX 5.0

Comment

Bedroom! LOL that is great.

It takes a few days to get the smell out of the house.....love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
          wipeout foaming bore cleaner. You will thank me. As much as i loved good ol hoppes this stuff is the bomb.
          It doesn't get the piston as clean as a good ole hoppes bath, it works good on pistols though. Rifles get a whole different setup occasionally foaming bore cleaner but 90% it's boretech for them followed by some hoppes if long storage is ahead. Most if my stuff just get wiped down, only deep cleaning the shotgun because it got 150rds through it at a sporting clays shot today and the wind/dirt was terrible.

Originally posted by bobs94formula View Post
          Agreed! Does anyone else like the smell? I do, but my wife hates it and says it gives her a headache. She has banned me from cleaning my guns in the bedroom because of it.
          I like the smell as well.

Comment

When I read the title I thought of the smell and started salivating. Is that wrong?

Comment

They make a hoppes air freshener.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                They make a hoppes air freshener.
                No shit? Where can I find them?
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

This ia the first thing google hit.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007ED76P8[/ame]

Comment

You guys are sick! Gun cleaning lovers.

Comment

Problem solved.

Comment

Seafoam Deep Creep is where its at.

Comment

...the smell...its not a smell, its a fragrance...if you call it a smell it might imply that it stinks...dam i had to go take a wiff just talking about it...

Comment

You can make hoppes #9, there are recipes for it.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              You can make hoppes #9, there are recipes for it.
                              I've seen a few but never tried making any. Most of the recipes seem to be similar but a few ingredients very.

I'll just stick with the plain Hoppe's for breaking up fouling and such on actions and moving parts while using Micro Mist on the exterior.

Comment

Working...
                              X