No announcement yet.

Online Tax preparation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting back almost double from what we did last year. Thanks Trump! Doubled the standardized tax and doubled the child tax credit!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      What's your effective tax rate?

Your paychecks were probably higher.
      It appears I'm at 24% according to taxact.com

Sure, my paychecks were higher, but I also paid more in taxes. It's just frustrating. I don't know what I'm doing different than all these folks who get cash back. I realize some or most have children, which help, but damn, $1100? come on. I always claim 1 when I fill out my tax info at work.
      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I never want cash back. I'll pay what I owe on April 15th every year. In fact, I wish they would take ZERO out of my paycheck and let me pay it all in lump sum on the 15th.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
          It appears I'm at 24% according to taxact.com

Sure, my paychecks were higher, but I also paid more in taxes. It's just frustrating. I don't know what I'm doing different than all these folks who get cash back. I realize some or most have children, which help, but damn, $1100? come on. I always claim 1 when I fill out my tax info at work.
          If you are single with no kids and few deductions you will get fucked by the system every time.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I've been working on getting close to a zero or very minimal return. We got $3500 this year, but our child care situation changed mid year and my income jumped significantly over the previous year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

i might get 30 bucks back but probably will end up owing a couple hundred back for this obamacare bs

Comment

E-filed and had refund within a week, first time in about a decade to get a refund.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  If you are single with no kids and few deductions you will get fucked by the system every time.
                  Ehhh...theres a point at which you hit the marriage penalty and the kid is never going to save you money.

We fall in both of those categories so it sucks.

Comment

I was 1099 all of last year, let's just say this tax bill is a doosie!

Comment

Our tax this year came in at 18 1/4% of AGI, will probably adjust withholding to just below that percentage for 2019 so that we owe the IRS a little next year at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                        I was 1099 all of last year, let's just say this tax bill is a doosie!
                        This. It makes my cry a little inside when I write those quarterly tax checks...

Comment

Just finished and owe ... actually first year I've owed in a few.

Edit: People tend to calculate effective rate differently but I'm anywhere from 16.1% to 19.8% which is about what it typically is.
                          Last edited by slow99; 02-21-2019, 02:23 PM.
                          Originally posted by davbrucas
                          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            Ehhh...theres a point at which you hit the marriage penalty and the kid is never going to save you money.

We fall in both of those categories so it sucks.
                            I think you need to check out the new forms. I have not dug in too deeply yet but looks like most of this bullshit is gone.
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                            X